GDT: Penguins @ Canadiens (Quebec City)

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
CP8RRlFWcAEHh3F.jpg

All the French Canadian Pens will be in attendance for the inaugural NHL game (?) at the new Quebec City arena. No Malkin, Crosby or Kessel (saving them for Johnstown?) = some pretty annoyed Quebecois fans (judging by their salty tweets)

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
CP8RRlFWcAEHh3F.jpg

All the French Canadian Pens will be in attendance for the inaugural NHL game (?) at the new Quebec City arena. No Malkin, Crosby or Kessel (saving them for Johnstown?) = some pretty annoyed Quebecois fans (judging by their salty tweets)
Erixon finally gets a game. I'm not happy about throwing MAF to the wolves.

Please keep us apprised of any Quebecois rioting. Don't let Vancouver have all of the fun. :sarcasm:

Also LOL @ Special Assistant TO the Head Coach : Jacques Schrute

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Erixon finally gets a game. I'm not happy about throwing MAF to the wolves.

Please keep us apprised of any Quebecois rioting. Don't let Vancouver have all of the fun. :sarcasm:

pshaw. quebec has been having hockey riots before the canucks even came into existence. :laugh:

yeah. the game is probably going to be pretty one-sided. the habs are basically dressing their complete line-up.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
I was well impressed by what I saw of Sprong against the Jackets. If he can hold his own without Sid, Geno or Kessel on the ice with him then I can see him getting a shot for 9 games.
He seemed so poised, patient and made good decisions. Regular season NHL may be beyond him but I think it's worth a shot.
Pouliot was poor from what I saw, not the top 4 D we need him to be this year! ..... Needs to work on his D zone play big time!

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I'm interested to see how Dupuis plays in a top 6 role right now without Sid or Geno.

We'll see if DP steps up after MJ gave him some tough love.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Dupuis - Scuderi - Gonchar
Letang - Fleury - Sprong
Simon - Bonino - Uher
Dea - Marcantuoni - Perron
Biggs

Erixon - Pouliot
Rust - McNeill
Warsofsky - Wilson

Bennett
Jarry

Scratch: Sundqvist

mike_johnston.jpg

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
The Pens are playing about 2 miles from my apartment.

Too bad I don't want to shell 200$ to see the Habs play in Quebec City. They can **** right off. Why couldn't the NHL do Pens vs ANYONE ELSE! :laugh:

I would barely play 20 bucks to see THAT pens lineup. It looks brutally lopsided this one.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Dupuis - Scuderi - Gonchar
Letang - Fleury - Sprong
Simon - Bonino - Uher
Dea - Marcantuoni - Perron
Biggs

Erixon - Pouliot
Rust - McNeill
Warsofsky - Wilson

Bennett
Jarry

Scratch: Sundqvist

mike_johnston.jpg

lol ok, that line up with the dumbass **** eating grin made me chuckle.

Well done mate :P

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Bah I couldn't care less, as long as no one get's hurt.

3 games left after tonight's, hopefully we start seeing a full roster after tonight so they can gel a little and find some chemistry going in.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
Should be a disaster for the Pens, hope Fleury doesn't get shelled too badly.

The tickets to this game really are $200 Cdn?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Should be a disaster for the Pens, hope Fleury doesn't get shelled too badly.

The tickets to this game really are $200 Cdn?

They're desperate to get a team back in QC, so they need to buy tickets.

Also the tickets went on sale a long time ago, when people see the Pens coming to town they're thinking Crosby-Malkin ++. So ya, I'd be pissed too but it's life and in preseason you buy tickets you have to expect that.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What game is that from? He looks like he's 30 :laugh:

It was from today. Every time he plays a skilled winger out of position in the bottom 6, he looks a month younger.

By this time next month, we'll only be able to see him via ultrasound.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
It was from today. Every time he plays a skilled winger out of position in the bottom 6, he looks a month younger.

By this time next month, we'll only be able to see him via ultrasound.

Seriously. The more last year went on, the lighter his hair got. It was very weird.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I feel bad for the citizens of Quebec. Shelling out that much money to essentially watch the WBS Penguins. You couldn't make me watch that disaster of a lineup even if you gave me the clockwork orange treatment.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Hoping Erixon steps up, but I'm not counting on it. Jackets fans didn't have great things to say about him in the offseason. He's a guy that either puts it all together and becomes a top four guy or drowns in the A. Regardless, you have to see what you have, and if at least one of Erixon / Clendening put it together, we'll be better off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad