GDT: Penguins @ Blackhawks | 8:00pm EST @ Soldier Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens are in first place, will be in the playoffs and will sell out the building. Shero will make some poor explanation of what happened in the playoffs and how MAF is close to his old form. Pens don't care about anything but player comfort, selling hope and drafting defensemen. I really don't see them doing anything this year and making some cosmetic changes for next year. Bylsma will be here since he wears that hat and is hoping to win the Punch Imlach award.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
I dont understand it. Last year we had numerous options for the defensive top 6, and Shero goes out and signs Eaton. You'd think he learned his lesson, but then he goes out the next year and signs a washed up Scuderi to a 4-year contract out of mindless nostalgia. It should not at all be surprising if Orpik is retained this summer.

Houston Penguin

Texas Pen
Mar 17, 2007
LA & GA to TX
The Pens don't look good tonight, but I take more stock in that ****fest against Montreal than this show. If the Pens look like this against Chicago on March 30th, then I'm more inclined to defer to the popular thought here.

Michael8771*

the conditions aren't stopping the Blackhawks from playing smart and fast...?
True, but I don't think anyone on the planet would view this game as a mismatch goin in. I do think the weather makes us look far worse than we really are. Some teams can adapt, some cant, ATM we can't. Let's see how we play them in Pittsburgh.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
DSC_0875_thumb.jpg

shero.jpg

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
That's what I'm saying. I'm taking issue with you're notion that it would be worse inside. Inside, those two could actually do their thing.

Crosby and Geno would better be able to play their game. We live and die with them. We are weak in so many other areas. To say that it would be even worse indoors isn't true at all because Crosby and Malkin would be able to carry us better than they can with whatever the hell is happening.

But they can be neutralized and then the team is ****ed. There's a good chance Chicago could have done that and then Bylsma would have stood there looking indignant.

Michael8771*

The Pens don't look good tonight, but I take more stock in that ****fest against Montreal than this show. If the Pens look like this against Chicago on March 30th, then I'm more inclined to defer to the popular thought here.
Totally with you here.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I never heard Staal's name linked to this, only Orpik. Right there they should have traded his ass.

I remember his name coming up as "at" the meeting (which would make sense because he had an A).

I seriously doubt he'd have been ambitious enough to actually attempt to organize a coup.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yep.... and that it carries over to results over the next month or so.

Why? Shero is no Lou. He won't fire his coach with a week left in the season. And, even if he would, he'd turn to Jacques Martin, not Larry Robinson. ;)

Michael8771*

Why? Shero is no Lou. He won't fire his coach with a week left in the season. And, even if he would, he'd turn to Jacques Martin, not Larry Robinson. ;)
Jacques is an upgrade over DB IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad