GDT: Penguins @ Blackhawks | 8:00pm EST @ Soldier Field Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
0-6.... but it's funny. People will scream "BEST POWERPLAY!" and then against good teams we end up like this, eh?

Also - Despres just made his way back to WBS. He's been terrible.

Cole, you see what I'm saying about the lack of a net front presence? Nobody screening, cutting to distract as shots come, crashing as shots come, etc.

THIS is why guys like Geno and Neal try to pick corners or why Geno holds off on that one timer where he'd always fire it without thinking when a guy like Malone was here and Gonch was on the point.

It's pathetic.

Michael8771*

This has been an abysmal performance by most everyone except Neal and MAF.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
0-6.... but it's funny. People will scream "BEST POWERPLAY!" and then against good teams we end up like this, eh?

Also - Despres just made his way back to WBS. He's been terrible.

Can you blame him? He's jerked back and forth from WBS then gets thrown into an outdoor game vs Chicago. Young players need some kind of stability to grow their game. His confidence has to be shot.

Dr Frasier Crane

Oct 16, 2008
Boston, MA
For the Bills, you already know you suck though

It's not like the Pens are under .500. Seems like a lot of people on here have been spoiled, sports-wise, for far too long.

And, take it from me, just because I know the Bills will suck doesn't make it any easier being a fan. I'm still just as excited for game 1 regardless.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
In his defense he was trying.to change and the play came around to him at the exact time. He attempted.to.react quick enough but it was already to late.

1. I understand.

2. What I think doesn't matter.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
How has he been any worse than anyone else tonight?

Well, I love me some Depres and have a lot of faith in him going forward.... but he has been terrible in this one. Worse than Brooks and Scuderi... nah... but terrible just the same.

Honestly, other than Malkin, Neal and Maatta, I cannot really point to anyone approaching par.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can you blame him? He's jerked back and forth from WBS then gets thrown into an outdoor game vs Chicago. Young players need some kind of stability to grow their game. His confidence has to be shot.

That's a fair assessment. I just can't make too many excuses for him. You are right, but lord knows he will be held accountable.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Agreed.

Not excusing the mistakes. But, they pale in comparison to what Orpik and Scuderi have done.

Even Maatta has has a few WTF moments tonight.

But, for Despres, it's a different standard.

I want Shero and Bylsma gone so badly.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Well, I love me some Depres and have a lot of faith in him going forward.... but he has been terrible in this one. Worse than Brooks and Scuderi... nah... but terrible just the same.

Honestly, other than Malkin, Neal and Maatta, I cannot really point to anyone approaching par.

I haven't had an issue with Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Jokinen. Maatta hasn't had the best game himself.

MadFerIt95*

It's not like the Pens are under .500. Seems like a lot of people on here have been spoiled, sports-wise, for far too long.

And, take it from me, just because I know the Bills will suck doesn't make it any easier being a fan. I'm still just as excited for game 1 regardless.

Kiko Alonso had a pretty good year

The Big Dawg*

Has Crosby even played today? Toews totally showed him up.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Even Maatta had a turnover 7 feet from Fleury.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That's a fair assessment. I just can't make too many excuses for him. You are right, but lord knows he will be held accountable.

He's always held accountable.

But I'm not sure how that goal was his fault?

He got it deep and went to make a change and Chicago moved it ridiculously fast?

DanFailsma

Mar 31, 2013
PA, USA
jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad