Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Notice how similar the logos are

1693548063311.png

1693548160261.png

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA

I keep saying… the Marketing Department had zero sleepless nights coming up with this one.

No surprise there.

They weren't gonna be on NESN and John Henry isn't gonna give up broadcast money.

Get ready Pittsburgh...you're about to see games and 8 hours a day of Charlie Moore fishing, haha

Better than the pregame, game, postgame, offbeat/behind the scenes show, then 19 hours of poker reruns they show now.

Sep 19, 2008
Errey was flat out awful and so was Steigey. Mears was decent.

Whoever they get will be an upgrade for sure over Steigy and Errey. Sad the Penguins glory days were called by such incompetent old men.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Yeah, I got ya. We were talking about "Pittsburgh NESN" like how the Buffalo Sabres are on MSG in Buffalo, or how SportsNet Pittsburgh and Denver and Seattle are owned by the same company.
I was genuinely expecting it to be called "NESN Pittsburgh".

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Yeah, I got ya. We were talking about "Pittsburgh NESN" like how the Buffalo Sabres are on MSG in Buffalo, or how SportsNet Pittsburgh and Denver and Seattle are owned by the same company.

Root sports NW is actually owned by the mariners our baseball team.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
No one really expected them to name the Pittsburgh Sports Network "NESN," it was just the same ownership group
Part of the same ownership group. The Bruins own 20% of NESN. Also given that this is being positioned as the Penguins buying the RSN then I assume the RSN ownership breaks down the same as Penguin ownership which I believe is 90% FSG and 10% Mario and company.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Changes to the broadcast teams made official:

Josh Getzoff and Steve Mears are flip flopping play-by-play booths (Getzoff to TV, Mears to radio).

Phil Bourque staying on the radio

Dan Potash moving from reporter to pregame/postgame host.

Hailey Hunter (formerly of Islander broadcasts and Golf Channel) added as ringside reporter.

The only empty chair is the TV color analyst, which the smart money says will be Colby Armstrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad