Friedman: Penguins almost reacquired Carl Hagelin

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Uhh, "almost reacquired"? I think "tried to" would be better. Back during that trade, it already was established they could not get him back for a year. Weird how fans are aware of some of these rules that NHL GMs aren't.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yeah im almost certain Rutgerford is just tge frint man for the Pens collection of alums that want to make decisions but aren’t gm material lol... Rutherford makes deals happen, but im not sure he drives the direction of the roster moves

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Between this attempted move, and trading Pearson to Vancouver I feel like the Pens want a do over on that one.
The Penguins want a do over for every single decision Rutherford has made since the summer we won our last cup.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Not hard at all, it took only 7 years to win another Cup ...
Shero was worse than Rutherford. Rurherford did more in 2015-2016 than Shero did during his entire tenure here. Ray Shero has no business being a GM. The Devils are just delaying a total rebuild.

Don’t get me wrong, neither GM is that great. We wasted all of last season because of crappy GM decisions, and it looks like we are about to waste another season with Sid and Geno this year.

I just hope Pens fans realize JR has completely failed this team since we won the cup. But I fear they will defend him because we just won 2 cups two years ago. That kind of thinking is what led to us keeping Shero and Bylsma for too long.

It’s time to move on from Rutherford but then they’ll replace him with Guerin who is even worse.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Jesus, with that roster? How

They aren't that far removed from being a Stanley Cup Champion. These teams always re-up their star players on long term deals.

Quick, Carter, Kopitar, Brown, Toffoli, Doughty

Then you add contracts like Phaneuf and Kovalchuk and voila!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad