Prospect Info: Penguins #6 prospect

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Dumoulin gets a landslide victory to stay in our top 5. Added Jayson Megna.

2014 prospects poll results:
#1 Derrick Pouliot (71.94%)
#2 Kasperi Kapanen (91.41%)
#3 Scott Harrington (54.82%)
#4 Tristan Jarry (62.33%)
#5 Brian Dumoulin (86.14%)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
sunkist-orange-soda.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I voted Megna.

Every single one of these guys, IMO, is a longshot to even make the NHL. At least Megna's shown he's capable of being an NHLer, even if it's not necessarily a top six guy.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Went with Sundqvist. It was a toss up for me with him and Megs. Went with the center.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Man, no love for Samuelssen.

Anyway, I vote him.

He's going to be our number 7 by default because of his waiver status. He's probably our 9th best d-man. And he'll likely never have a spot in our healthy line-up in his career. I don't dislike him. I just don't expect much from him because of who we have in front of him. We're at the point where I start to factor in our needs a bit more. We need forwards far more than D-men.

penguins2946*

My 6-10 is:

6. Megna
7. Sundqvist
8. Archibald
9. Murray
10. Zoblin

Would Megna really be a prospect at this point? He has played 36 games so far in the NHL, compared to 47 for Bennett. I don't really consider Megna a prospect anymore, but I'm going to vote him since he's available.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Would Megna really be a prospect at this point? He has played 36 games so far in the NHL, compared to 47 for Bennett. I don't really consider Megna a prospect anymore, but I'm going to vote him since he's available.

The difference to me is that Bennett made the NHL roster out of camp, and would have played the full season with Pittsburgh if not for injuries which cost him 61 games. Whereas Megna started with WBS and was promoted and demoted again four times last season. It will be the last year he's in these polls either way but IMO right now he's still a prospect.

penguins2946*

The difference to me is that Bennett made the NHL roster out of camp, and would have played the full season with Pittsburgh if not for injuries which cost him 61 games. Whereas Megna started with WBS and was promoted and demoted again four times last season. It will be the last year he's in these polls either way but IMO right now he's still a prospect.

Okay that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

Archie. I think he has potential to be a great 3rd-liner with 2nd-line "tweener" skills. A less gritty but more skilled Tyler Kennedy during his best years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes