Prospect Info: Penguins #5 prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Sundqvist, though I'm not surprised Dumo is winning the poll.

I think Sundqvist has a bigger upside than a guy like Dumoulin.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Dumoulin.

Jeez, there's not a whole lot left after the top 5 prospects, is there?

There absolutely isn't.

We have some guys that I think could surprise a few people if they develop properly but I'd say we have a lot of guys in our top 20 that don't have much of a chance of ever cracking an NHL lineup.

With that...Dumo by default.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
There absolutely isn't.

We have some guys that I think could surprise a few people if they develop properly but I'd say we have a lot of guys in our top 20 that don't have much of a chance of ever cracking an NHL lineup.

With that...Dumo by default.

Outside of about half a dozen org, I think we could say that about any team. After the first 6-7 prospects on most farms, it becomes pretty dicey.

I'm looking at this team in terms of young guys, regardless of if they are considered prospects or not. So that includes guys like Maatta, BB, Despres and Bort.

These are young guys I think most would agree have a realistic chance to really help this team in one form or another:

Despres
BB
KK
Maatta
DP
Harrington
Dumo
Jarry
Murray
Sundqvist
Megna
Bort

Then you have a slew of guys who have the tools to be effective role players:

Archibald
Ruopp
McNeill
Zlobin
Uher
Wilson
Mac
Rust
Payerl

I'm just not sure why people are being gloomy when the Pens have plenty of good young players and prospects that can help this team. I feel strongly that a healthy amount of guys from my top list will help this team, while a couple from the bottom list will as well.

That's about all you can realistically hope for. I'm thinking the doom and gloom is because of the lack of impact fwds outside of KK and BB, which is fair, but the farm as a whole is pretty damn good. This org, including the GM and coaching staff, just have to leverage these "assets" properly.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
If Guentzel is promising Archibald isn't better? Murray could be a starter, but probably will be a solid backup, Guentzel is small, so I really don't know what will come of him (not that he will suck), but he could be a good bottem 6er, Sundqvist could be a big, 3rd line center (which I would love).

Sundqvist could become a bigger, more skilled Hörnqvist. And he has what I have seen been a winger the most of the last season.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Sundqvist could become a bigger, more skilled Hörnqvist. And he has what I have seen been a winger the most of the last season.

I was hoping for him to be a 3rd line center. If he becomes more fine by me. For me its hard to say that about a guy who hasn't even proved anything in the AHL.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Dumoulin, again.

How is Megna not added yet? He's easily in our top 7 or 8 prospects -- arguably even next on this list -- and certainly ahead of a lot of these other guys.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Calling this one for Dumoulin. Next poll coming up.

How is Megna not added yet?

Because others had been requested more often until recently. But don't worry, Megna makes the ballot for the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad