Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5 | Maple Leafs 2 | Paul Martin is God's Gift to Man

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
At the moment, the best move to make is wait and don't get injured. We'll see after the holiday break who can be a trade target. It's Malkin's turn to play without real top-6 guys, just for few months tho lol

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
At the moment, the best move to make is wait and don't get injured. We'll see after the holiday break who can be a trade target. It's Malkin's turn to play without real top-6 guys, just for few months tho lol

Thanks for the insight Ray. :sarcasm:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well, some people act like our team wil be healthy all year long, which is never the case with the Pens. I can take a $1000 bet that our top-6 will not be healthy in Jan-Feb. I'm not considering Bennett btw, cuz its obvious lol

so? Doesn't that mean we should be even more interested in adding a forward sooner than later? We have depth to deal with more D injuries than F injuries.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well, some people act like our team wil be healthy all year long, which is never the case with the Pens. I can take a $1000 bet that our top-6 will not be healthy in Jan-Feb.

And?

If the moves people here are talking about making are designed to add one or preferably two guys to the top six, then why wait to make the move(s) until January on the grounds that a current top six guy on the team might be injured in January? I just don't see how THAT is a reason to wait to improve your top six if there's a deal that's available before then.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Well, some people act like our team wil be healthy all year long, which is never the case with the Pens. I can take a $1000 bet that our top-6 will not be healthy in Jan-Feb. I'm not considering Bennett btw, cuz its obvious lol

You're right, Pens will have only Adams on IR from all the beatings he took for saying it's dumb to stick up for teammates because you will get 5 penaltys and lose the round. If only he believed....

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Malkin at wing is cringe worthy, and as a running and post game thing, I'll comment about it.

BUT, even I said it was perfectly understandable for the first two games and defensible on the 'legs' grounds for the next two (depending upon what we actually see).

Of course, if it looks like his legs are back and he's still at wing in another week, then I'm not sure it's entirely unfair to suggest that where he's playing at ES and the PP is about accommodating other players.

I hope and still trust that won't be an issue with Johnston.

I'm willing to trust him until there is a reason not to, and I certainly don't see anything to suggest Johnston is even being a bit disingenuous, at worst. It makes sense to let Geno get back into game shape on the wing, and I think that, while Geno looked much better Saturday, he's still got a cobweb or two to brush off.

I think a lot of you guys are suffering from Post-Blysmatic Stress Syndrome I'm afraid. :) Time will heal all wounds!

member 51464

My guess: I think he's open to a Martin deal now and will be actively pursuing one once Borts returns.

EDIT: The way Maatta has looked, that Despres has looked good on balance, that Harrington is further along than anticipated, and that things save the second line have crystallized this quickly has accelerated the Martin trade timeline.

I disagree a bit with the last point. Didn't our new and improved D-play and such last season last about 4 games in before it all went to **** again? I agree with the gist of what you are saying, but I don't want to read too much into just a couple games.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Maybe a minus for the first, but he played fine after that.

He had two bad turnovers in the first. On the first, he got caught regrouping and had the puck knocked off of his stick. On the second, he was skating behind his net with a guy on him and as he came out into the circle, he had it knocked off of his stick again.

He also had a bad read where he didn't switch assignments with Scuds off the wall.

It wasn't a good period, but the positive is DB would have benched him and MJ let him play through it and he got his **** together. Funny how that works.
Thanks. I was in and out during the first and didn't realize how much I had missed.

MJ let him work through it, and he is a better player because of it. I'm sure Mario and Burkle took note.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad