Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There are a ton of positives to take from this game. Oleksiak was having a phenomenal game before his goal, Sprong's play away from the puck looks legitimately good (better than the wingers already on the Penguins), Jarry was great before he got injured and Murray came in and shut the door, the 4th line looking great when Sheahan was put there, Maatta continues to have a great season, Guentzel and Sprong looking really good as a wing duo...a lot of good things from tonight. Sure, there are still issues, but I've seen a lot of positives.

There were for sure issues, though. Cole was bad, I think the Penguins need a 2nd pair LD as well at the deadline because neither Hunwick or Cole can play in that spot and I love Maatta-Oleksiak as a pair.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Still waiting on some even strength production from our top guys. Beginning to think its not going to happen this season.

Thanks to Jarry for the win.
Thanks to Letang for the laughs.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Sheahan has played on the 4th line for like 10 minutes total this year and it has looked great for all 10 minutes he has been there. I'm really thinking that Rowney is the issue with that line.
Bringing this in from GDT. You make a good point as always, but not enough data yet to say our 4th line problems are fixed if we get a center better than Sheahan.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+ goaltending
+ 4th line
+ Sprong is still up here
- Injuries
- We can't play the bottom dwellers of the East every game...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Schultz makes an enormous difference out there relative guys like Hunwick and Ruhwedel. The latter two would never play another game in black and gold again, if I had my druthers.

Credit where credit's due: Kuhnhackl had a strong game. Really impressive play for the goal, there.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
[QUOTE="canadianguy77, post: 139718907, member: 36338"]Still waiting on some even strength production from our top guys. Beginning to think its not going to happen this season.

Thanks to Jarry for the win.
Thanks to Letang for the laughs.[/QUOTE]

Kuhn. Reaves. Really. WTF? This is the type of negativity that @ColePens and I are talking about.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++ Reaves: The guy gets shit on so much. He's our best 4th liner and who knows. If he was with Wilson/Cullen, maybe he wouldn't be so worthless. Maybe i'm dead wrong. But I know we can't keep Rowney/Kuhn each game. We can only use one. Not all 3. He's had 2 standout games where he's been a difference maker. That's more than Sid. So... there's that.

++ Jarry/Murray: Solid games. Quiet games. That's what we need.

++ GOALS: Holy shit it felt so refreshing to see goals go in. :laugh: It felt like we'd never get there.

+ Oleksiak: Hurt flyers, scored goals. That's a guaranteed plus.

+ Sprong: Coach wants shots, Sprong shoots. Coach wants attitude, Sprong bring it. Coach wants supporting wingers, Sprong does it. 2 times he helped Letang in a 50/50 battle and at least one time for Oleksiak where he made life easier on the dman because they just had to stand up and Sprong took the puck. Well done by the kid. I really liked his game.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I'm loving our goaltending tandem right now, and for the next few years. Young players contributing like this is going to extend the window.

Hope Dumo is ok. He's been a whipping boy this year, but it will be rough watching Cole or whoever else try to handle his matchups.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
++++Goaltending
Under appreciated all night. Made timely saves.
++++Oleksiak
I love this kid. Too bad that 4th round pick will become McDavid’s twin. His speed is great and his physicality is what we needed with Cole leaving.
++++Fourth line with Sheahan
Who would have guessed?
+Sprong
His shot is dynamic. But muh is play away from the puck is terrible :sarcasm:

No real minuses except for Letang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad