Prospect Info: Penguins #4 prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Harrington maintains his #3 spot. Looks like it will be between Dumoulin and Jarry again now. Added Sundqvist.

2014 prospects poll results:
#1 Derrick Pouliot (71.94%)
#2 Kasperi Kapanen (91.41%)
#3 Scott Harrington (54.82%)

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Went with Jarry though I think Murray is up there as well. I'm slowly losing confidence in Dumoulin. He wasn't very good in his call ups and the prospect game he was beyond horrible. Not I've lost all hope but I have some doubt in him being a NHL player.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm going with Dumoulin.

He looked kinda crappy, at least to me, during his callup. But that was an extremely limited sample size, to say the least. He's still a really promising player and, most importantly to me... a playoff performer. I get that Jarry will probably run away with this... and I like what he's done so far, too. But, eh... goaltenders. Really, really, really tough to read. Dumoulin seems like a safer bet to make an impact at the NHL level. Possible second pairing guy who can play lots of minutes in all situations. If he rounds into form... he should be an excellent fit on the kind of team I think the FO is trying to build, here.

penguins2946*

I'm going to go with Dumoulin as well. His chance at becoming a NHLer is significantly higher than Jarry. Jarry's ceiling is higher (#1G vs #4D), but Dumoulin is almost a guarantee to hit that, while Jarry is a major long shot to hit that.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Jarry. I'm not that high on Dumoulin. Maybe I'm putting too much stock into his brief NHL tenure last season when injuries hit, but he didn't impress me much.

Add Samuelsson.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You gotta give the guy credit for being consistent.

It would be hilarious if he somehow becomes the team's best wing in a few years. It's not completely out of the question, I suppose.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
You gotta give the guy credit for being consistent.

It would be hilarious if he somehow becomes the team's best wing in a few years. It's not completely out of the question, I suppose.

I think he's a much better talent than most give him credit for. I wouldn't be shocked if he became a regular NHLer.

Went with Jarry based on recent quality of play and organizational need.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think he's a much better talent than most give him credit for. I wouldn't be shocked if he became a regular NHLer.

Went with Jarry based on recent quality of play and organizational need.

I've always been kind of a Zlobin fan, actually. Or, at least, I've always been pulling for the guy for selfish reasons... considering we're still talking about guys like Dupuis and Downie riding shotgun with Sid, to this day.

But yeah... I think he gets dismissed a bit too quickly, sometimes. His head seems like it's in the right place. And he has some decent ability for a very late round draftee.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Somebody REALLY likes Zlobin.

Confession in advance: You'll be seeing a random Archibald vote a few polls from now. I really like the kid. Do I "like like" him? I'll never tell...

EDIT: And perhaps add Rust?

Last edited:

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
I'm not sure a prospect game in mid July should be held against Dumoulin or anyone for that matter. Didn't Jarry look a little slugish and give up a few goals in that game too?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
No wrong order between Harrington, Dumoulin and Jarry for 3/4/5.

DEFINITELY, add Megna. This guy is a sure-fire NHLer. He may be a top 6 guy or he may be a bottom 6 guy, but he's an NHLer. That's more than you can say for virtually all of the guys already in the poll outside of the top 5, and I like quite a few of them.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I was the one

I like zlobin a lot but mostly thought it was funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad