Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4 Lightning 3|OT|Geno Comes Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Btw, does anyone else think that Zatkoff is really coming into his own as a legit NHL backup? He seems to have really progressed since his forgettable first couple of starts.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They also need to make the nets bigger. Goalies have gotten taller and their equipment has increased in sized. The NHL never compensated for it.

That, aswell as let goalies play the puck in corners. Can cause some odd man rushes resulting in more goals. But don't let Fleury leave the crease, ever.:rant:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Btw, does anyone else think that Zatkoff is really coming into his own as a legit NHL backup? He seems to have really progressed since his forgettable first couple of starts.

He still has his off nights, but that's to be expected. He's miles ahead of where he was at the start of the season for sure.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
The league has tinkered with so many rules and changed so many things already in order to try to boost scoring. In the end, little has changed, and to some extent has actually gotten WORSE. Quite frankly I'm tired of them screwing with the game...

Michael8771*

Wont for me, have not drank since October 2012 when i ended up in hospital from slamming back the hard stuff too fast.:laugh: One of the EMT's called me a lightweight.:( Good times.
Don't worry, we still care about you.:nod:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The league has tinkered with so many rules and changed so many things already in order to try to boost scoring. In the end, little has changed, and to some extent has actually gotten WORSE. Quite frankly I'm tired of them screwing with the game...

Enforcing the preexisting rules might help more than anything.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just saw the highlights and now I know why people were saying Maatta was looking like someone else was to blame on the Palat goal.

Kunitz was inside the blueline and it looked like Maatta expected him to force Palat outside or at least redirect him. Kunitz sort of just stood there and waved at him as he flew by. So Maatta got caught flat footed trying to contain inside.

Not resolving Maatta of any blame, but I have no idea wtf Kunitz was doing there. I'd be pissed at Kunitz to, but obviously not say anything. Can definitely see why Maatta was pissed off.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Marc-Andre Fleury starting. Rest of #Pens lineup game-time decision. "Best team in the West. We're ready for them" -Bylsma on #Blues @penguins

'We're ready for them' ... what does that even mean? Did they hang bunting and blow up balloons? Is there cake? Will there be wiffle ball?

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
I'd assume he means they have to normal preparations for an opponent. Pretty sure thats nothing as the other team is the one he expects to adjust to his team at all times.

Get to our game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad