Post-Game Talk: Penguins - 2 Oilers - 0 - Yay?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
There´s nothing to take from this game. It was really boring, they probably knew that this was good enough to win it but whatever. Take these 2 points and move on. We are somehow 1st in the Metro but it´s awfully close.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I think that´s how you play games against teams like EDM. Nothing special, solid win.

+ MAF
+ #58
+ for Geno beeing back

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Josh Yohe ✔ @JoshYohe_Trib
Follow
May the Edmonton Oilers not receive the No. 1 pick this summer. I've dealt with McDavid a few times. Really good kid. He deserves better.

penguins2946*

Pretty meh game. We won, but we can't finish for ****. Hopefully Comeau helps that out some. I really liked Despres and Pouliot.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Like many have said... the scariest thing would be if this team wins 3 or 4 in a row and they think nothing is wrong. That's not a good thing.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Three observations

-Not sure if it's coincidence or what, but Sill actually looks like an NHL fourth liner since we've acquired #40. Whether Sill's improvement has to do with 40 or not, they work very, very well together.

-It's comical how high they've got Adams out there when the other two are cycling. He's like 3 feet north of the D half the time.

-First line needs their roles modified. Too often Kunitz is floating around the slot while Perron's in the crease. It works much better when circumstances find their positions flip-flopped or, failing that, when both wings just go to the paint, which is what Geno's guys were doing all night.

I like that Perron doesn't have any compunction about standing under the hoop, but if there's going to be a guy in the slot or circles, he's far, far better suited to that than 14 is at this point.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Bennett has been holding us back, clearly.

Downie had a good game in spite of not showing up on the score sheet. Pouliot showed his positives and negatives. MAF was gud.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Arcobello ******* sucks. Kunitz might be worse. Sutter too.

Exit question: There's no chemistry with Malkin and Horny, but is that because there's no chemistry or because, instead of a LW who might be remotely complementary, those two have played with Spaling or Arco on the other wing or have been centered by Sutter?

Personally, I'm not sure. 50/50 on it, but I'd like to see them with Beau Beau or Comeau before saying it can't work.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Good lord what a fat ****** bag. :shakehead

True as that may be, I agree with him. If they're still a bottom dweller after getting Hall, RNH, and Yak, while teams like the Flames are already back in the playoff mix, I'd hate to see more of the same with the Oilers - extremely talented players rotting away in a horribly ran organization.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
----------- NHL

The stewards of the league should be embarrassed tonight. What was once a sport of odd man rushes, physical and intense play and sniped goals has now become what I watched tonight.

2 goals, one of which was pushed in by a skate.

The beauty of the sport is gone. The intensity of the sport is in it's past. All of that offensive talent on the ice and that's what we get???

I ask myself, what is the point of watching anymore. Is it to see the Pens win?? Who cares if it's boring, as long as they win am I supposed to be satisfied?

Disgusting display of hockey.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
+ MAF with SO #7. Even against a garbage team like the Oilers a SO is impressive.

+ MVP Malkin. He was great the first half of the game.

+ Perron. He scored.

Everyone else, like the game itself, was just there.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Three observations

-Not sure if it's coincidence or what, but Sill actually looks like an NHL fourth liner since we've acquired #40. Whether Sill's improvement has to do with 40 or not, they work very, very well together.

-It's comical how high they've got Adams out there when the other two are cycling. He's like 3 feet north of the D half the time.

-First line needs their roles modified. Too often Kunitz is floating around the slot while Perron's in the crease. It works much better when circumstances find their positions flip-flopped or, failing that, when both wings just go to the paint, which is what Geno's guys were doing all night.

I like that Perron doesn't have any compunction about standing under the hoop, but if there's going to be a guy in the slot or circles, he's far, far better suited to that than 14 is at this point.

:handclap:

Commented on the exact same thing the last few games. What makes it doubly troublesome is that the Pens acquired Perron to be that long missing guy for Sid who can make a play with the puck, and that really hasn't been his role on the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad