#13 Anthony Angello (31.3%) (-3)
#14 Niclas Almari (44.4%) (-6)
#15 Emil Larmi (33.3%) (NEW)
#16 Nikita Pavlychev (41.7%) (NEW)
#17 Jake Lucchini (36.6%) (NEW)

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I still think Phillips has much higher offensive upside than Marino.

Edit : That being said, I've decided to change my vote to Marino after looking more into him tonight. Looks more like a sure thing even though Phillips is likely the better offensive player.

Last edited:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
JR on Marino
"Adding a young defenseman like John to our organization will be very helpful," said Rutherford. "His development was accelerated last year and he became a top-10 defenseman in college hockey, giving himself a chance to play at the NHL level."

Not too late for you guys to change your votes. :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wow, thats impressive. I hope he was forced to play safe but secretly has a great offensive game.
It seems like he was paired with an OFD and sort of just played the Dumoulin role.

I'm glad the Pens signed him, that's another solid add to the defense, if they can get the dude that doesn't want to sign with the Caps, we might be able to re-stock the D-Pool with solid UFA/Traded prospects that have a lot of future.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I suspect with the way the WBS team is, he might move up a lot before the season is even over.

He's what, 6'2" and under 200lbs? I want to see how he handles more games in WBS and the abuse there.

They say he's got a mean streak too, would like to see him develop that as well. I could see him and POJ making it onto the first pairing by the end of the season

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They say he's got a mean streak too, would like to see him develop that as well. I could see him and POJ making it onto the first pairing by the end of the season

If the AHL ever figured out how to add some decent production value, I would buy some more of the games, as it stands it always looks like some Dad in the rafters with his handicam filming shit. Because WBS looks f***ing stacked and with a coach that might actually know how to use that roster.

But that might end up being a Dumoulin/Letang dynamic, which would be amazing if both did exceptionally well and got a few call-ups and didn't look out of place.

The sooner we see that, the sooner we can see if we actually do need Schultz to stick around.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I still think Phillips has much higher offensive upside than Marino.

Edit : That being said, I've decided to change my vote to Marino after looking more into him tonight. Looks more like a sure thing even though Phillips is likely the better offensive player.

I considered doing so because I agree with you, but stuck with Phillips. He might be low odds now, but he has big boom potential still. I think Marino can be a very good player for us, but I'm sticking with the higher ceiling here.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I considered doing so because I agree with you, but stuck with Phillips. He might be low odds now, but he has big boom potential still. I think Marino can be a very good player for us, but I'm sticking with the higher ceiling here.

I haven't watched any of Phillips - I'm strictly boxscore watching, and that's clearly underwhelming - so what attributes are people getting boom potential from?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I haven't watched any of Phillips - I'm strictly boxscore watching, and that's clearly underwhelming - so what attributes are people getting boom potential from?

Scouting reports mainly - that and his USHL boxcars. He was poised to tear it up there before going into college too early. He's a very good skater with a forward's skillset - if he can put it together and add the defensive part of the game, he could be a productive second pairing guy. Will he be after getting messed around like this? Dunno, but scouts seem to be saying the potential is there.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
It seems like he was paired with an OFD and sort of just played the Dumoulin role.

I'm glad the Pens signed him, that's another solid add to the defense, if they can get the dude that doesn't want to sign with the Caps, we might be able to re-stock the D-Pool with solid UFA/Traded prospects that have a lot of future.
I missed the previous talk on the former Caps prospect, is there a rumor he wants to sign with us?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I missed the previous talk on the former Caps prospect, is there a rumor he wants to sign with us?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Guentz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad