Prospect Info: Penguins #18 prospect

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Wilson finally comes off the board at #17. Added defenseman Nick D'Agostino (yes he still exists).

2014 prospects poll results:
#1 Derrick Pouliot (71.94%)
#2 Kasperi Kapanen (91.41%)
#3 Scott Harrington (54.82%)
#4 Tristan Jarry (62.33%)
#5 Brian Dumoulin (86.14%)
#6 Oscar Sundqvist (28.69% in 6th place voting, 52.38% in runoff)
#7 Jayson Megna (27.87% in 6th place voting, 47.62% in runoff)
#8 Josh Archibald (40.00%)
#9 Matt Murray (40.00%)
#10 Philip Samuelsson (38.46% in 10th place voting, 53.41% in runoff)
#11 Anton Zlobin (37.50% in 10th place voting, 46.59% in runoff)
#12 Jake Guentzel (53.19%)
#13 Teddy Blueger (47.30%)
#14 Bryan Rust (23.44%)
#15 Jean-Sebastien Dea (28.79%)
#16 Dominik Uher (28.33%)
#17 Scott Wilson (43.10%)

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
I'm curious why Ruopp keeps getting so many more votes than McNeill as they're very similar players. Both are big, tough defensive defensemen who can fight but have little offensive talent. Ruopp is the more notorious hitter while McNeill is a bit bigger and a year ahead in age and development, he was a playoff regular for WBS last season while Ruopp spent half the year in Wheeling. I see them as being very close in upside, and McNeill is more ready. So guys, why Ruopp?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Good question.

I'm surprised that two boom or bust forwards like Byron and especially Lindo aren't getting more attention at this stage of the game. I voted for the latter. I like that the player he models himself after is Simmonds. Great motor... plays the entire rink... a ***** to play against. He was limited by a knee injury last year until the team finally shut him down. If he can recover fully from the surgery (and the kid seems extremely motivated) then the Penguins could have a really nice player on their hands for a late rounder.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I'm curious why Ruopp keeps getting so many more votes than McNeill as they're very similar players. Both are big, tough defensive defensemen who can fight but have little offensive talent. Ruopp is the more notorious hitter while McNeill is a bit bigger and a year ahead in age and development, he was a playoff regular for WBS last season while Ruopp spent half the year in Wheeling. I see them as being very close in upside, and McNeill is more ready. So guys, why Ruopp?

Ruopp is one true bad mother****er. He's been fighting his entire career while McNeill has just added that to his game more consistently, Ruopp is way ahead of the curve of McNeil in that aspect. And McNeill played just 3 AHL regular season games in his first pro season while Ruopp played 21. If Ruopp improves like McNeill did his second season, I think we'll definitely see why everyone has been voting for Ruopp.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Do these polls really have to go past our top 10 prospects? Even 15 is stretching it.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

Exactly why I went with McNeill.

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
where is all the Lindo love coming from? He has no business to be ahead of guys like Ruopp, Segalla, Byron and McNeill

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
where is all the Lindo love coming from? He has no business to be ahead of guys like Ruopp, Segalla, Byron and McNeill

Why?

It's been a crap shoot for the last five or so, at least. One probably has just as good a chance to be an NHLer as the next. Which is to say not much.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

For me, it comes down to Ruopp just being a more accomplished fighter. I don't think either guy has a great shot at being an NHL regular, but with Ruopp's fighting history he has a shot at maybe becoming a Deryk Engelland.

---

I'm surprised Wilson went so late. I actually didn't see him last round when I voted because a]I figured he was already gone and b]his name was at the bottom of the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad