Prospect Info: Penguins #16 prospect

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
JS Dea takes 15th place and becomes the first - and only - French-Canadian on the list. Added Adam Payerl.

2014 prospects poll results:
#1 Derrick Pouliot (71.94%)
#2 Kasperi Kapanen (91.41%)
#3 Scott Harrington (54.82%)
#4 Tristan Jarry (62.33%)
#5 Brian Dumoulin (86.14%)
#6 Oscar Sundqvist (28.69% in 6th place voting, 52.38% in runoff)
#7 Jayson Megna (27.87% in 6th place voting, 47.62% in runoff)
#8 Josh Archibald (40.00%)
#9 Matt Murray (40.00%)
#10 Philip Samuelsson (38.46% in 10th place voting, 53.41% in runoff)
#11 Anton Zlobin (37.50% in 10th place voting, 46.59% in runoff)
#12 Jake Guentzel (53.19%)
#13 Teddy Blueger (47.30%)
#14 Bryan Rust (23.44%)
#15 Jean-Sebastien Dea (28.79%)

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Segs again. The prospect list is pretty good if we're talking about MM going between 15-20. I actually like both Segella and MM around 12 mostly because I think both can fit in as solid depth players while others have a little to much bust to their boom.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Scott Wilson outside of the top 15 is laughably stupid.

Segalla then Wilson

Ruopp is overrated IMO, but who really cares at this point ha

For me, it's inverted. I agree with you about Ruopp being overrated. He's in the top 20, but he needs to show what he can do over the course of a full, and hopefully healthy season. I know last year was a difficult year for him, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he did not perform great when he was in the line up, and was outperformed by McNeill and D'Agostino.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
For me, it's inverted. I agree with you about Ruopp being overrated. He's in the top 20, but he needs to show what he can do over the course of a full, and hopefully healthy season. I know last year was a difficult year for him, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he did not perform great when he was in the line up, and was outperformed by McNeill and D'Agostino.

If fighting can land Deryk Engelland a laughable contract, it can certainly also land Ruopp a meaningless spot in a poll. :laugh:

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Payerl, because he's already played more NHL games than the rest of them combined may ever see.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Scott Wilson outside of the top 15 is laughably stupid.

Ruopp's stock definitely took a hit this year, but for me, I've never been impressed with his defensive zone play. Maybe I expect too much from him considering he's more of an "enforcer" type defender. He just looks lazy and lost sometimes. I really like Segalla. Granted, I've seen 2 college games from him but he's quick on his feet, seems to understand the D-zone fairly well given his "rawness" and he can play with an edge. Plus he was second in points among D for UConn IIRC and was only beat by someone 3 years? older than him. Not bad

Side note:I'm glad to see McNeill's stock rise. I've been a huge London knights fan for about 7 years now and always thought there was potential with him. I don't expect much but I can see him wearing the C for an AHL team for years...which isn't a bad thing in it's own right

alexfr

Dec 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
I liked Wilson a lot but I think McNeill will be more valuable as the physical threat on the back end. Voted McNeill

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Anyone who wants McNeill to win this should mention who he trains with in the off-season. Then watch the votes snowball. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad