Prospect Info: Penguins #13 prospect

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And this now will be my second post. You didn't see me comment though on prospects three through twelve now did you? I didn't spend my summer ranking players most of whom very likely won't even play in the NHL. Who gives a **** about our 13th best prospect, I mean really. He'll never play a game in the league.:shakehead

I can see the merits of a top five list, but 13? Come on.

So you don't think anyone after number 5 will play in the NHL? Seriously, it takes 5 seconds to vote. That doesn't equate to spending our summer ranking players.

Michael8771*

So you don't think anyone after number 5 will play in the NHL? Seriously, it takes 5 seconds to vote. That doesn't equate to spending our summer ranking players.
It takes five seconds to vote but there were threads about it (I'm assuming), so posters were debating the matter. Oh well, better you guys than me.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It takes five seconds to vote but there were threads about it (I'm assuming), so posters were debating the matter. Oh well, better you guys than me.

oh yes lots of very heated discussions. Just look at all the debate in this 1 page thread.

Just for the record, Vitale was once voted to be our #14 prospect in one of these. Letestu was #10 the same year. Samuelsson was 13 that year too. So these guys do in fact make the NHL sometimes.

Michael8771*

oh yes lots of very heated discussions. Just look at all the debate in this 1 page thread.

Just for the record, Vitale was once voted to be our #14 prospect in one of these. Letestu was #10 the same year. Samuelsson was 13 that year too. So these guys do in fact make the NHL sometimes.
And I'll wager that none will be integral to the teams success. These are curtain jerkers. Again if posters want to spend there time worrying about marginal players, most of whom who will never make a meaningful contribution in the NHL, go ahead. I just think it's absurd. And since I can voice my opinion here, that's what I'm doin. Ironically it's on the first night I had the free time to do so. You're welcome.;)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And I'll wager that none will be integral to the teams success. These are curtain jerkers. Again if posters want to spend there time worrying about marginal players, most of whom who will never make a meaningful contribution in the NHL, go ahead. I just think it's absurd. And since I can voice my opinion here, that's what I'm doin. Ironically it's on the first night I had the free time to do so. You're welcome.;)

Letestu put up 34 points last year. He's not a superstar, but that is absolutely a meaningful contribution.

penguins2946*

Why do people respond to Michael at this point? I thought any credibility he had died a long time ago when he was insisting that the Pens need to trade Crosby.

Anyway, I really don't like Blueger as a prospect, I think he's going to bust. I don't have anything to base that on, but it's a gut feeling. I feel like Rust will become a decent 3rd line grinder, so him.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Why do people respond to Michael at this point? I thought any credibility he had died a long time ago when he was insisting that the Pens need to trade Crosby.

Anyway, I really don't like Blueger as a prospect, I think he's going to bust. I don't have anything to base that on, but it's a gut feeling. I feel like Rust will become a decent 3rd line grinder, so him.

I agree. I just use ignore list, and those that continually quote those people, I put on ignore list as well. Problem solved.

Michael8771*

So now you wanna go Back to this nonsense that I SAID ''WE NEED'' to trade Crosby? Suppose you pull up the post that states that. Let me make this crystal clear. I never said we need to trade Crosby. I was merely saying at that time that trading him is not as far fetched as you'd think, and that it was talked about as Sid wasn't real thrilled about the teams direction. I also said that I wouldn't be opposed to it IF the return was great. That's what I said. So get your facts straight. And next time Please try and pay attention. This is the last time I'm gonna respond to this idiocy as this was several months ago, is portrayed inaccurately and has NOTHING to do with this thread.

and so that makes you what
It makes me smart enough to realize he's a curtain jerker. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
at one time after his college eligibility ended ryan malone was on the outside of the top 10 prospects.

not here, but hockey news's future watch

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
I voted Uher mainly because I believe that he can make the team in the next year or so as a gritty agitator with a bit of scoring punch. A nice third liner.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Blueger I guess?

Man...our prospect depth is atrocious. We're voting on guys now that I'm not even sure if they'll be good AHL players.

Shh! You're not allowed to say that. Nothing wrong with the prospect pool. Move along.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Really surprised by how much (undeserved) love Blueger is getting around here, after two really disappointing years. Yet Scott Wilson, who the Pens are really high on and who has only exceeded all expectations (aside from this past injury-plagued season), and who has already been signed and turned pro, seems to get zero love around here.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Really surprised by how much (undeserved) love Blueger is getting around here, after two really disappointing years. Yet Scott Wilson, who the Pens are really high on and who has only exceeded all expectations (aside from this past injury-plagued season), and who has already been signed and turned pro, seems to get zero love around here.

I was trying to figure out what happened to Wilson. All I got when I Google'd his name was drunk driving and decapitation. I figured -- AND HOPED -- it wasn't him. Still, that is a steep decrease in everything important.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005

How high the Pens organization is on some long shot prospects shouldn't be an important factor IMO. We can be reasonably sure they are not infallible when it comes to this. Also what does it matter that Wilson is signed and Blueger isn't. Wilson is 2 years older and already played his junior season. At this point in the polls it's mostly personal preference and apparently more people liked Blueger's dangling than Wilson's grit. I'm not happy with Blueger's lack of scoring either (especially since the new WCHA is a weak conference) but he has the talent to still break out in his last two college years.

I was trying to figure out what happened to Wilson. All I got when I Google'd his name was drunk driving and decapitation. I figured -- AND HOPED -- it wasn't him. Still, that is a steep decrease in everything important.

Wilson probably got a little extra press in 2013 because his team made it to the Frozen Four but last season he only had an injury and weak stats so there wasn't much to report.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad