Prospect Info: Penguins #11 prospect

Who's our 2018 #11 ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Anthony Angello makes quite the jump from last year and lands in the top 10. Angello's got all the tools to become a successful NHL player, it'll be interesting to see if he can put it all together.

Added Jean-Sebastien Dea.

Results so far (and change from last year):
#1 Daniel Sprong (87.6%) (-)
#2 Tristan Jarry (52.6%) (-)
#3 Jordy Bellerive (72.8%) (new)
#4 Calen Addison (54.7%) (new)
#5 Filip Hallander (79.2%) (new)
#6 Teddy Blueger (44.0%) (-1)
#7 Kasper Bjorkqvist (22.4% in poll #7, 57.6% in runoff) (+6)
#8 Niclas Almari (26.9% in poll #7, 42.4% in runoff) (+4)
#9 Juuso Riikola (36.8%) (new)
#10 Anthony Angello (37.3%) (+7)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd go with Olund and Olund probably should have been higher. Olund has been playing professional hockey in Sweden for 2 years now and has put up good numbers in each season. His production is on par with some of the top picks out of the SHL.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Voted Drozg.
Had a nice rookie season and led his team in points.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m going to keep voting for Almeida even if he ends up last because some of you (you know who you are) would rather vote for an Eric Tangradi clone....

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Do think alot of these guys left will be NHLers. Like Olund...I don't see how he isn't a sure fire 4th liner atleast.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd go with Olund and Olund probably should have been higher. Olund has been playing professional hockey in Sweden for 2 years now and has put up good numbers in each season. His production is on par with some of the top picks out of the SHL.

Ditto.

We were probably at that point after Hallander.

I feel like we have tiers, or at least we appear to as a consensus think we have tiers. Bjorkqvist/Almari/Riikola/Angello were all fairly closely clustered together in votes in the Blugers poll iirc; Olund/Phillips/Johnson probably go as the next three, and I think we'll be able to guess the next three after that three too.

We're guessing, but the evidence seems to be dividing them into groups of probability/ceiling.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Decision between Phillips and Miletic and went with the latter because he had such a strong year and the Pens' brass think really highly of him.
Same here.
“We were so impressed with him last year, that’s why we signed him to the entry-level deal,” Skalde added. “We’re really excited to have him. He seems like a guy that’s already pro-ready.”
Eager to see what he does now with WBS.
Sam Miletic scored a lot of goals the season before the Pittsburgh Penguins signed him as an undrafted free agent. Sam Miletic scored even more goals the season after the Pittsburgh Penguins signed him as an undrafted free agent.
Eh eh eh.../drools

Sam Miletic Archives - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Voted Drozg.
Had a nice rookie season and led his team in points.
I'm picking him after Phillips next.

Mainly because he played on a garbage in a dumpster fire team and still manage to produce under a stupid rookie coach.

Good playmaker that needs to work on his shot.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I went with Almeida simply because of his output in his 18-19 yr old season. From what i read, he wasn't on Moosejaw's big offensive line either so that helps his case.
Plus he got invited to Team Canada's Jr Showcase this summer(can't go due to injury tho).

Really can make a case for a bunch here.
I'm hoping Lauzon plays in the rookie tourney and shows he's still got game.

turtle27

Jan 14, 2010
Echo's Hill
upload_2018-7-30_9-8-42.png

Sorry. I couldn’t resist.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
From what i read, he wasn't on Moosejaw's big offensive line either so that helps his case.

Wasn't aware of that - that lifts my opinion a bit, I was skeptical he was the guy riding shotgun rather than the guy driving. If he can turn in another big season and maybe do well for Canada U20, I can see him rocketing up these rankings.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Wasn't aware of that - that lifts my opinion a bit, I was skeptical he was the guy riding shotgun rather than the guy driving. If he can turn in another big season and maybe do well for Canada U20, I can see him rocketing up these rankings.

If we’re talking players who could have a significant rise in the rankings out of the people left, and I very much mean could not will.

Phillips with a full college season and being a year older. He was producing well in the USHL before he went early and was one of the younger players in his draft year,

Johnson is probably at the point where he has to show something more because of his age but I think he could.

I guess Lauzon if he’s healthy and manages to figure out how to use his tools better. I don’t think he’s Hall levels of being a worthless pick.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If we’re talking players who could have a significant rise in the rankings out of the people left, and I very much mean could not will.

Phillips with a full college season and being a year older. He was producing well in the USHL before he went early and was one of the younger players in his draft year,

Johnson is probably at the point where he has to show something more because of his age but I think he could.

I guess Lauzon if he’s healthy and manages to figure out how to use his tools better. I don’t think he’s Hall levels of being a worthless pick.

I'd add Drozg to the 'likely/interesting' pile of potential big risers there. Top 6 skill, tracking well but quietly due to his circs - if he starts really racking up the points, that'll get people's attention.

Lauzon being healthy would be nice.

Reactions: vabm8

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'd add Drozg to the 'likely/interesting' pile of potential big risers there. Top 6 skill, tracking well but quietly due to his circs - if he starts really racking up the points, that'll get people's attention.

Lauzon being healthy would be nice.

I’d throw D’Oreo in as well because goalies are weird and Miletic if he does well in the AHL. At least it’s not a bunch of useless crap bereft of any skills that has no chance of doing anything.

If Lauzon has problems with his neck again it’s going to be ugly. I wasn’t ecstatic about the pick but if he has a neck injury spanning 2 seasons or misses a lot of games again I think it becomes never seeing if he could have developed into something.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’d throw D’Oreo in as well because goalies are weird and Miletic if he does well in the AHL. At least it’s not a bunch of useless crap bereft of any skills that has no chance of doing anything.

If Lauzon has problems with his neck again it’s going to be ugly. I wasn’t ecstatic about the pick but if he has a neck injury spanning 2 seasons or misses a lot of games again I think it becomes never seeing if he could have developed into something.

I mean, just about anyone left at this stage could become a big riser with a big season - was just trying to pinpoint the high skill ones, because they could have the biggest ones.

As for Lauzon... I think if he doesn't have a healthy season, he doesn't get an ELC.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I mean, just about anyone left at this stage could become a big riser with a big season - was just trying to pinpoint the high skill ones, because they could have the biggest ones.

As for Lauzon... I think if he doesn't have a healthy season, he doesn't get an ELC.

Yeah, but I think there’s almost no chance Lindberg, Prow and Dea become big risers. I like Lafferty but don’t think he’ll shoot up the rankings either, more like a tier up. I was looking at who could even manage a big season. With Miletic it’s the overager thing more than skill for me. If he were to do well in the AHL I think we’d see him looked at differently even if his first season wasn’t amazing production. If he’s good then I could see that solidifying what he’s done in the OHL and up he goes in the rankings.

Probably not unless they’re really in love with him and whatever potential they saw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad