Penalty shot call in the Leafs-Isles Game

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
textbook penalty shot, refs should have awarded the Islanders an automatic goal in addition to the penalty shot

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not even exaggerating that it might be the worst penalty call I've ever witnessed in my life. I coach hockey and I've watched hockey for a long long time.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
At least the Kadri penalty makes sense a little. The Refs have been on Kadri all year with weak calls. The Hunwick breakaway penalty makes zero sense.

I'm just saying, it takes some serious balls to make that call on Kadri immediately after botching a penalty shot call.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
what hunwick did is usually not even a penalty, let alone handing a team a free goal.

then JT with the crosscheck uncalled but kadri with the very soft hook?

isles were done, now they have new life. what a joke

edit: tsn guys gonna talk about it. it was that bad

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Just ruined Andersens perfect performance after 2 periods... Actually ****ing ridiculous, can someone explain how thats even a penalty, let alone a penalty shot?

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
I'm not even exaggerating that it might be the worst penalty call I've ever witnessed in my life. I coach hockey and I've watched hockey for a long long time.

That clip is slowed down too. At full speed it is more abysmal

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Haven't seen the refs try this hard to sabotage a Leafs game since that Russian ref ran his gong show.

Islanders still getting outplayed despite it.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I hope that ref watches the video and realizes what a giant ********* he behaved like right after to call Kadri as well. He was looking RIGHT at it.

Call these ******* out. I'll start a Go fund me for Babcock's fine.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Babcock's face after the call. :laugh:

KQToWYg.jpg

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The weird thing is, the ref was in perfect position to see it. Usually bad calls are a result of refs doing some guessing to fill in what they missed.

That's the thing, it's not like he had a bad angle. He could see it clearly and still called it. Then they follow it up with an incredible call against Kadri after he got cross checked. Amazing.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
That is the worst penalty shot call I've ever seen. Ref should be embarrassed and question whether he has the eyes to continue in his profession.

That's just it, the replay shows him clearly looking right at it with a perfect angle so what in the hell could he have thought he even saw? It's perfectly clear from his vantage that there is nothing to call.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Now the game is starting to get out of hand. A game falling apart due to refs should never happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad