Peltonen critizise Team Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceshigh81

Aug 14, 2004
Finland
ihwc.net

I'm proud of the way we always got up after being banged around," said Finnish captain Ville Peltonen. "Nobody was lying around. Their team has done that in this tournament, and that's not the way to play. They've had players in this tournament lying on the ice. Sometimes someone gets seriously injured, and it's not the right thing to do if you're not seriously hurt. You have to respect this game and respect the other players.

Atleast Schastlivy and Kharitonov have embarassed themselves. Huge jumps and dives, died on the ice couple of times -"mmm, no penalty, gotta get up then". Attempts to draw major penalties by lying on the ice(Markov didn´t, Bergenheim did deserve to be ejected). Barely a contact infront of the finnish net and the guy falls down, looks to be in lot of pain. A look at the ref - didn´t fall for that one - and they are back on their feet in no time. That´s just f***ing disgusting, sort of ruins the game.

I know that there is one player in Team Finland that also practises this form of art, falls down akwardly easy. Don´t know is there any difference between him or any other divers - except he doesn´t jump that dramatically and he usually gets up with a big grin on his face. Haven´t seen him "dying on the ice" either.

Well, this well-known agitator haven´t pull this stunt for a while so guess I can leave him out and critizise these ridicilous dives that Russian players have made during the past weeks.

Ofcourse, you can partly blame the system. There is only one ref on the ice -two next year in Canada- so he´s not able to see situations so clearly. The refs haven´t whistled diving very actively, so it´s been able to carry on. Hitting is almost like a curse word in the World Champions: big hit, player down > gotta penalize. Player hurt/faking > gotta give major. Seems that it doens´t matter is the hit clean or not. IIHF seems to have trouble handling the physical side of the game. Ofcourse, big ice, fast skillfull players, makes hitting difficult. But refs have almost made hitting impossible, because you are always in danger to get penalized.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
I gotta agree, I didn't watch this game but the other games I have seen Russia in they dived a few times (probably every team does but I only reacted to it against Russia). It is sad enough to see it in football but don't bring that game into hockey as well...

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Refs worldwide have to start calling for diving alot more. They also should start to only penalize the diver. This crap has to stop, it's destroying the game.

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Muscle Bob said:
Who cares about what tomorrow loser says ?
Funny, the topic post somewhat wanted an opinion from losers of today... I guess you just answered to the question on your behalf.

Now we're waiting for the real debate. I'm all with Peltonen here. Russians turned them two games I saw against Finland, into a friggen diving contest. It's a shame Jacques Cousteau is dead, he would've had a blast studyin these strange dolphins which were shown on the ice when Russia had a game.

It's a sad sad thing, Winneborg (the ref today in the FIN-RUS SF) forgot about them 2min minors plus 'em conduct 10mins' for diving.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Who cares about what tomorrow loser says ?

You should care, because what Peltonen said is exactly right. Respect the game and the other players. Pretending to be injured is low, and it is a result of this new officiating where the result of the hit is more important than if the hit was legal.

Today, every time a russian player got hit, they looked at the ref and waited for some mercy. It's a contact sport, and before russia accepts that, I don't see them winning much. Ovechkin is a great russian player because he can also hit like a train and does not expect referees help after getting hit. Once you get more guys like that, watch out hockey world.

Finland has players like the Ruutu brothers. They wont stickhandle like Kovalchuk, but they will flatten that bi*ch down when ever they get a chance with a booming hit. And when someone flattens them out, they don't wait for the ref to do the punishing for them...they get up, smile, and hit the next guy harder than they got hit. Jarkko sometimes falls easily, but never pretends to be hurt.

That's hockey.

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
You are Russia, we are... a four letter word, hmm, this is a tricky one. But I'd throw my money on "Finland"? Wich means, the hockey team that handed your as*es over to ya?

And don't even try to start any debate, wich includes what each of them nations have achieved against each others. You'd just end up crying in Estonia...

brother52

Sep 15, 2006
Russia
How exactly has Schastlivy embarrassed himself? Wasn't he hurt to the point of not being able to play that game?

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
How exactly has Schastlivy embarrassed himself? Wasn't he hurt to the point of not being able to play that game?

People are probably referring to first game where he got J. Ruutu thrown out for a clean hit by pretending to be hurt, and then returned to ice on the powerplay.

Peltonen just said in a finnish tv interview "If you dive and jump like that, you don't deserve to be in the final"

Usually this guy would never speak like this, especially after a sweet win, so you can just guess how disgusted he was.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Why the hell I should speak with you ?

We are Russia, you are ****

What a loser we have here.:)

And now he shows us his idiotism.

Posting from closet isn't a good idea Bob.

Stop dishonouring your country.

Last edited:

sgt Hartman

Dec 7, 2006
Moscow
Finland has players like the Ruutu brothers. They wont stickhandle like Kovalchuk, but they will flatten that bi*ch down when ever they get a chance with a booming hit. And when someone flattens them out, they don't wait for the ref to do the punishing for them...they get up, smile, and hit the next guy harder than they got hit. Jarkko sometimes falls easily, but never pretends to be hurt.
Yeah, Jarkko was looking at the ref so sorrowful when he was hit by Proshkin.

Chief Jokinen

Dec 4, 2006
HELSINKI, FINLAND
Ville told the truth. Russians played classless and dived. Simple as that. Jarkko never dives and never makes dirty hits or anything like that. The truth is very simple ay?

ChuckNorris

Jan 25, 2006
Moscow
How can you tell about pure clean hockey while your team just cheated in much worse way than diving? Killing key defensive player of the opposite team by a player that means nothing in the team? I bet coach told finns smth like "you kill Markov, you kill Schastliviy/Malkin etc. etc., then go back and play underdog defensive uncreative dull hockey...." That's the way finns always play.. and it's worst hockey i hate so much.. But it works. Sadly. :shakehead

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
You have to understand that the Russian media is extremely chauvinistic and controlled by Putin and he is trying to whip the country into a nationalistic furor, just look at the Estonia situation. I guess it is starting to stick into some of the Russians, and thats why you hear comments like "We are Russia, you are ****". I honestly fear that this development will eventually lead to very bad escalations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad