Yes, the cap we must be toeing
For the assignments keep on going
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Pelech isn't needed for the Yotes.

I didn't see anything that Pelech did wrong before TM started going with 11 forwards. He was just slow and less than skilled. It screwed up the Pavs line. IMO, TM might want to be working with 12. Pelech got very short minutes. Going to Woostah as opposed to SF may indicate that they won't be bouncing Pelech so much.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I didn't see anything that Pelech did wrong before TM started going with 11 forwards. He was just slow and less than skilled. It screwed up the Pavs line. IMO, TM might want to be working with 12. Pelech got very short minutes. Going to Woostah as opposed to SF may indicate that they won't be bouncing Pelech so much.

Rumor is they negotiated with Pelech and gave him his NHL salary while in SF so he would accept the assignment there the first time...I can't see SJ making a habit of that.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I don't know about anyone else but I was cracking up when I saw Pelech in the opening line up ceremony....he had this smug yet 'im going to kill you' look on his face.
I will always remember him for that, but yeh would rather have Burish out there than him.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Rumor is they negotiated with Pelech and gave him his NHL salary while in SF so he would accept the assignment there the first time...I can't see SJ making a habit of that.
That could explain it too. Also, McCarthy gets NHL pay either way according to capgeek. In terms of real payroll they are way up there because undoubtedly they aren't getting insurance money for Havlat or Torres.

Last year, I noted that TM was balancing minutes a lot more than in the past. I will continue to look this year at the balance of minutes. Last night was unusual for TM as Hannan and Pelech fell far below the curve of what was normal last year.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That could explain it too. Also, McCarthy gets NHL pay either way according to capgeek. In terms of real payroll they are way up there because undoubtedly they aren't getting insurance money for Havlat or Torres.

Last year, I noted that TM was balancing minutes a lot more than in the past. I will continue to look this year at the balance of minutes. Last night was unusual for TM as Hannan and Pelech fell far below the curve of what was normal last year.

Having 7 power plays would alter minutes..I noticed Hannan only played 12:27.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Having 7 power plays would alter minutes..I noticed Hannan only played 12:27.

Even with the imbalance, it was still below. Boyle got almost 2min of PK time. Irwin was the only one held off PK.

It's only one game, but it bears watching for both defense and forwards.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I don't know about anyone else but I was cracking up when I saw Pelech in the opening line up ceremony....he had this smug yet 'im going to kill you' look on his face.
I will always remember him for that, but yeh would rather have Burish out there than him.

He has that face about 99% of the time...the other 1% of the time he's actually killing someone. :laugh:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

I can't see why that would matter one way or the other...

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
He has that face about 99% of the time...the other 1% of the time he's actually killing someone. :laugh:

pelech-ghost.gif

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
McCarthy sucks big time. Would love to see what Hamilton could bring vs this plug.

McCarthy actually had a really good camp and pre-season.

They are looking to fill a 4th line role, McCarthy does that.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Just remembered that McCarthy played with Desi on the "crazed rats" line in Wor. Wonder if that's the kind of game Koala wants for the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad