Value of: Pekka Rinne

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Skinner likely has a lot more value. Rinne if moved would be a move for the sake of moving him, not for the return. I would think a 2nd or third rd pick given his age and contract status.

I would think a goalie that wins the vezina is worth more than a second or third to a team that just needs a goalie to make a run. Regardless of age.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I would think a goalie that wins the vezina is worth more than a second or third to a team that just needs a goalie to make a run. Regardless of age.
maybe at the deadline as a 1b option. Depends whose buying.

Philly?

Still you'd have to agree that skinner has more value

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
maybe at the deadline as a 1b option. Depends whose buying.

Philly?

Still you'd have to agree that skinner has more value

At the TDL? Yes, assuming a contender didn't just have their 1A get injured.

Right now? They're about as even as you can get.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
At the TDL? Yes, assuming a contender didn't just have their 1A get injured.

Right now? They're about as even as you can get.
Alright when fans of both teams tell you you're wrong its time to bow out of the conversation. I would have thought Skinner had more value.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Alright when fans of both teams tell you you're wrong its time to bow out of the conversation. I would have thought Skinner had more value.

probably does, just not for us. we already have Forsberg, Fiala and Tolvanen at left wing.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Bobrovsky?

Columbus tired of Playoff Bob despite loving Regular Season Bob? Could save a bit on the cap this way too.

Other one for one swaps...

Schneider? He's a little worse but a bit cheaper and a bit younger.

Allen? Even younger and even cheaper but not as proven.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
if you take back Greiss (platoon with Saros)I'd consider the isles 2x second round picks (their own+calgarys)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
don't see him getting traded unless he says this is his last year no matter what and nashvuille looks like they wont make the playoffs.

in a trade---2nd+ salary coming back or retention. the pick turns into a 1st if team advanced in the playoff to like conference finals with Rhinne playing

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I see Mike Smith as the best comparable. An old goalie who is definitely a great starter. However, I would expect Rinne to fetch a little more than Smith did.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
as per THIS, he's should be in NAS next season, while seing an increase in Saros' game play but we've all heard that before...

my guess he's playing next season for the Preds and it's the last one in NAS for Rinne (NHL?)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
as per THIS, he's should be in NAS next season, while seing an increase in Saros' game play but we've all heard that before...

my guess he's playing next season for the Preds and it's the last one in NAS for Rinne (NHL?)
I wouldn't guess it's the last one for Rinne in NAS. Who knows really. See what kind of season he has and what the split is. A lot can happen. I didn't expect him to win the Vezina this year either... he was looking kind of shaky last season and I thought Saros would push him this year. Instead, we're all talking about that happening next year. Or what if it happens the year after... ?

I do get the sense that Rinne is very comfortable in Nashville and with his team, and that he takes his mentoring role to Saros to heart. So I can definitely see him sticking around for a new contract as the "veteran backup" type. If I'm guessing. But if he has a great year and other teams are willing to look at him as a short-term #1 option, then he'd be crazy not to take big money on a new contract.

The one thing that I truly do not expect: Nashville ever trading Rinne. He may stay as a veteran backup, he may stay as a starter, he may go as a free agent starter to a nice offer elsewhere, he may even go back home. But a trade at any point would shock me.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
The one thing that I truly do not expect: Nashville ever trading Rinne. He may stay as a veteran backup, he may stay as a starter, he may go as a free agent starter to a nice offer elsewhere, he may even go back home. But a trade at any point would shock me.

that I 100% agree with

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You clearly know your players.
He's LW, actually. Even i had to check it and yep. Even in the Jokerit line ups he's marked as the LW. What happens of course is that he starts LW and shifts to RW in the offensive zone.

i'm guessing he's a natural LW who plays on the right side of the PP for his one timer ability, which is where we mainly see highlights from.

This is correct. Lots of people think he’s a RW because of all his highlights on the PP. He’s played LW in the KHL and olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad