Value of: Pekka Rinne

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I am not saying he is on the market, I am not saying he is. But if he were, what would he return?

Which teams would be interested?? Philly? Canes? Devils? Sabres? Canucks?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Philly interested? Sure. But not at a price Nashville fans would accept (and admittedly, probably not whats he is worth), and certainly not at a level that would make us the highest bidder.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS

Predigree

Dec 4, 2015
Ebensee, Austria
I can see Poil trade Rinne, he has only one year left, he is 35 and maybe he win the Vezina this year.

I see two Options.

1: One more run for the Cup with him and take the risk of he sucks.
2: Trade him now with the value of a Vezina winner

I have no clue what happens, and maybe i am wrong with both options.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I can see Poil trade Rinne, he has only one year left, he is 35 and maybe he win the Vezina this year.

I see two Options.

1: One more run for the Cup with him and take the risk of he sucks.
2: Trade him now with the value of a Vezina winner

I have no clue what happens, and maybe i am wrong with both options.

Preds in their win window shouldn't mess up with their goaltending too much, let him split the season with Saros and let Saros play the playoffs if they are worried about Rinne's head.

Reactions: DaJackal

Predigree

Dec 4, 2015
Ebensee, Austria
I am not worried about Rinne´s head. He was fantastic this Season ( without some PO games ).
I talk only about his value.
If you asked me, don`t move him.

But i am not Poile, he was not afraid to trade our captain and i would not suprised if he trade Rinne.

@Jester: I dont know if Rinne has a NMC. Sorry

Jagr4President

Nov 16, 2017
Calgary
So from what I have read and heard from everyone is that saros need split time to grow to a No.1 ( I personally think he is but I'll take any form of insightful opinion) why not trade Mike Smith or pekka straight across? No cap retention or picks just a 1 for 1?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
So from what I have read and heard from everyone is that saros need split time to grow to a No.1 ( I personally think he is but I'll take any form of insightful opinion) why not trade Mike Smith or pekka straight across? No cap retention or picks just a 1 for 1?

Because there is no reason to do that. Smith's worse than Rinne, we don't need to change up our goaltending if we don't have any incentive to do so.

Rinne: .927Sv% 2.31GAA Vezina nom(and likely win)
Smith .916Sv% 2.65GAA

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Because there is no reason to do that. Smith's worse than Rinne, we don't need to change up our goaltending if we don't have any incentive to do so.

Rinne: .927Sv% 2.31GAA Vezina nom(and likely win)
Smith .916Sv% 2.65GAA
Indeed, there is signficant disincentive to do that. 1) Rinne is better. 2) Rinne is really loved and respected by his teammates and a big part of the team chemistry. They won't trade him, period, let alone in a backwards move like that. Plus he really seems to take his mentor role to Saros seriously and that should be a great situation moving forward past the expiry of his big contract.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Would Skinner for Rinne be an even swap? Both only have a year left on their contracts.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Would Skinner for Rinne be an even swap? Both only have a year left on their contracts.
Skinner likely has a lot more value. Rinne if moved would be a move for the sake of moving him, not for the return. I would think a 2nd or third rd pick given his age and contract status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad