Pekka Rinne Groin Injury

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Just posed the question on Twitter and immediately got a response from Josh Cooper of the Tennessean who has been talking daily with the players down at A-Game. Said Rinne is healthy and was holding out of the lineup in Minsk through the break until there was a resolution to the CBA one way or the other before returning to play.

Therefore, Rinne is healthy as far as we know...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
so... projected lineup is..(lines not necessarily correct)

Erat/Fisher/SK
Wilson/Legwand/Hornqvist
Smith/Spaling/Halischuk
Yip/Gaustad/Mcgrattan

IR:Borque
Extra: Mueller

Weber/Josi
Klein/Hannan
Gill/Ellis
Blum

Rinne
Mason

did I miss anyone?

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
While he's fine, this is a good time to point out how utterly screwed we are if he or Weber get hurt. If Rinne is hurt, Mason-Smith is our goalie tandem. If Weber gets hurt..

Klein-Josi
Ellis-Hannan
Blum-Gill

Either one of them go down for a long time and you could see MacKinnon in Nashville...

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I agree with you sentiments. This is a very fragile team if people start to fall in a short season. It's the same story around the league with star players being injured, however I'm not sure if this team has the depth in order to not miss a beat. Here's hoping for a healthy season, knock on wood. Atleast we're getting off to a good start with Bourque being the only one missing time.

Rinne I'm not so worried about. His injury doesn't sound very serious.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
come on guys, tell me what team isnt going to be seriously screwed if they have injuries to a top pair d-man or their starting goalie....

i dont know of anyone who has enough depth to not be screwed in those scenarios

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
come on guys, tell me what team isnt going to be seriously screwed if they have injuries to a top pair d-man or their starting goalie....

i dont know of anyone who has enough depth to not be screwed in those scenarios

I'm not saying every team wouldn't be seriously hurt, but some teams can survive, particularly in the case of a goalie. Halak/Elliot, Schenieder/Lu, Backstrom/Harding, and others are examples. For D, NYR and VAN have the depth. Very few teams do, but I think we lean on those two more than most lean on their #1D and starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad