Injury Report: Pekka Rinne expected to return 2/5 against Anaheim

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Is it possible he'll play in tonight's game vs the Avalanche?

Well we play the Blues tonight, so I'd say not a chance.

=)

We do play you guys tomorrow night, and I do not expect Rinne to be back on this road trip at all. (We are in Pittsburgh on Sunday afternoon)

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Paul McCann @PredPAPaul
We broke a little good news on @SlapShotRadio1 last night Pekka Rinne is travelling w/ the team on current road trip, that can't be bad!

It would be strange to have him travel with the team with so much travel in a short time if he wasn't going to play. I mean they are going to travel 2500+ miles in a 67 hour window and play 3 games. Maybe we see him Tomorrow against Colorado.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It would be strange to have him travel with the team with so much travel in a short time if he wasn't going to play. I mean they are going to travel 2500+ miles in a 67 hour window and play 3 games. Maybe we see him Tomorrow against Colorado.

I think what this means is Rinne is close enough that if Maz or Hutton got hurt on this road trip that Rinne could dress as a backup, but I dont expect him in net until Tuesday at the earliest(but oh how I would love to be wrong)

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Great news, but I wouldn't expect him back until Maz is sent back down. Once that news comes out, it will be time to do a little jig!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Exactly what I was thinking- if they know he isn't going to play it just doesn't make sense to me to have him go through all that travel.........

Oh well- I guess we shall see..............

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'll be there tomorrow so here's to hoping I (we) get a nice surprise and he plays....

Is it possible that he participates in the morning skate/on-ice stuff today and if all goes exceedingly well, we send Maz back down tomorrow?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Since today and tomorrow are back-to-back, it's possible we see him tomorrow. Doubt it, but who knows?

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Update from Twitter.
Lyndsay Rowley ‏@LyndsayRowley 1m1 minute ago
Pekka Rinne on the ice at morning skate going through some drills #Preds #PekkasProgress

B8iSpyXCcAAht0y.jpg

and from the Pred's website

Game Day: Preds vs. Blues
Injured goaltender Pekka Rinne joined the team for the morning skate in St. Louis. The NHL's wins leader, took turns in one of the Predators nets with netminder Marek Mazanec. Rinne (sprained knee) remains on the three to five week timetable set on Jan. 15.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
they clarified that the 3 to 5 week timetable was based on Jan 15th. That would mean a week from today at the earliest...

still, seeing him in the net is very reassuring..

He seems to be leaning slightly to the left, favoring the right knee. Which one did he ...................... ahhh, only kidding.

It won't be long now!!!!!!!!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Its about time for some more leaked intel on Rinne.... come on all you people with inside sources... DIG!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Its about time for some more leaked intel on Rinne.... come on all you people with inside sources... DIG!

I would normally say we might find out some things later today but I'm wondering if it's an off day. Either way I think Rinne plays tomorrow and sees how things go in sort of a "warm up" game before the holy Ducks come in on Thursday. Anaheim would be a rough first start.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I could be wrong here, but the title of this thread says Rinne is on IR. Was he ever officially on it? I know he's listed as day-to-day but I didn't think he was ever placed on IR.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
when we hear maz is being sent down is when i will feel better.

yeah that will kinda be a giveaway wont it LOL

I could be wrong here, but the title of this thread says Rinne is on IR. Was he ever officially on it? I know he's listed as day-to-day but I didn't think he was ever placed on IR.

apparently not because he keeps getting listed as a scratch

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
with Milwaukee having a game tonight, and no indication that Mazanec has been sent down (either officially or just the rumor mill) I fear we if have got our hopes up for Pekkas return tonite we are going to be disappointed.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
with Milwaukee having a game tonight, and no indication that Mazanec has been sent down (either officially or just the rumor mill) I fear we if have got our hopes up for Pekkas return tonite we are going to be disappointed.

Left Wing Lock has Pekka as 'probable' for tonight to start: http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies/

We'll see... but have to think they'd put him in tonight to shake off rust before facing the Ducks for #1 in the West on Thursday.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Is it possible that if Pekka is deemed good-to-go after morning skate we just send down Maz this afternoon and start Rinne?

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
because of roster space, we don't actually 'have to' send maz down to play rinne. it's possible they keep him around a game or two to make sure rinne is truly ready. i don't expect that, but it is possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad