Pegula/Murray as negotiators

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Why are we complaining? Murray was able negotiate out of a 3rd pick that would have negated a source for player transactions(possible Offersheets). Just for that I give him full marks. Add this to the ridiculous amount of draft picks we have collected over the past few seasons, and honestly I'm not going to lose sleep on this.

Are people really upset over something that is one season away? Are we thinking of hypothetical situations and then getting mad we won't be able to do anything with those situations. We don't know where this pick is so I'm not sure why people are talking about negotiating a lower pick, unless they meant round, which wouldn't happen since it states in the rules a 3rd round pick.

So to summarize: Murray traded out of a bad situation and was able to get out of trading his own pick, a pick which is one year away, and is unknown at this time, and for some reason we're mad at Murray because...

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
That's the whole point. Thank you. It's that the third round pick is not written in stone. You can say I want to pay less -- and yes lose your deal and the coach.

And I've known tons of people who've walked away from a home for a few thousand bucks. I've also seen realtors kick in part of their commission to close a deal.

What does appear to be written in stone, under this new rule, is that in this case the MOST Buffalo could be forced to give up is its 3rd round pick. At least it appears that way to me,

Ok, it's been fun. Here's to July 1. My heart is with Pegula, Murray or whoever getting us the best guys with the cheapest cap hit. Go Sabres!

It is set in stone and you do not seem to grasp this concept. GMTM negotiated for the pick to another of the bazillion of 3rd round picks Buffalo possesses.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad