Pegula Bucks and the advantage

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
They are factor in every deal that happens and a good GM can create a advantage economic advantage (but maybe not as much as under old cap).

Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leine were landed by handing over front-end loaded contracts. In hindsight bad use of TP's money.

But there is little question Myer's contract was all the more valuable because it was front-end loaded. Jets ownership group are known spendthrifts.

Going the other way, we eat half of Stafford's contract which is partially cap but also real money. Contracts coming in from Kane and Bogosian have a heavier load on the backend.

Look at the Ennis contract. It's way more valuable because dollars low at the end. Bloody shame Hodgson's contract wasn't structured with heavier hit at front, he might be easier to trade.

If you are Tim Murray, this givew you a slight edge and all dealings and I think it will continue to be a factor.

I'm not saying Pegula hasn't maybe meddled where he shouldn't have but his money is an advantage that can seriously benefit this franchise.

And, I'm not even mentioning what it can do beyond the player cap. Anyone for Mike Babcock?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3