Confirmed with Link: Peace out, Rene Bourque (traded to ANA)! Hello Bryan Allen

24Cups

Aug 2, 2005
He fits in better at the pace of 1 assist per 4 games. Great!

At best he'll get hot for 3 or 4 games before reverting back into laze mode. He scored 9 total regular season goals last season and has a goose egg so far this season. Not worth the risk to tow this anchor around all season hoping for another play-off spark. Anaheim went Montreal roster dumpster diving again (Leblanc, Chipchura) and at least we got a useful player back this time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
McGuire saying he never endorsed the Allen acquisition. Says the guy has "a lot of hard miles" in him. Characterizes him as playoff insurance, a pure depth move.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
McGuire saying he never endorsed the Allen acquisition. Says the guy has "a lot of hard miles" in him. Characterizes him as playoff insurance, a pure depth move.

Has McGuire grown his hair out yet and become a recluse in a cave on some hilltop?
Because if not I don't really care for him. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Has McGuire grown his hair out yet and become a recluse in a cave on some hilltop?

He's not the gospel, that's for sure. Sometimes, these oft-despised types come up with a nugget or two. I even quoted Michel Bergeron in another thread. You just never know. :amazed:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We can now can him until the playoffs...
We just might need to start him in the second overtime period against Boston. :sarcasm:

Allen is a must-start in the playoffs, first off assuming we get there, and if we do, especially following any game that an opponent has taken a run at Price.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
It's not the coach with Rene, it's the city/fans/media. He looked disgusted when he was traded here, stated three or four times in his initial interview that he didn't speak French etc. I think there's a large sections of players in the league that want nothing to do with us after the fan/media outrage when Cunneyworth was named coach without speaking French.

:laugh:

Sure.

Now watch him light it up in Anaheim.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011

I feel like Pierre has always resented no longer being involved in management in the NHL.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I feel like Pierre has always resented no longer being involved in management in the NHL.

He has it out for Montreal in general.
His rhetoric has gone over the top in the past few years.
He was bad before the MB hiring and far worse ever since.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
He has it out for Montreal in general.
His rhetoric has gone over the top in the past few years.
He was bad before the MB hiring and far worse ever since.

Yeah... like that time he said, with a straight face, that the price to go up from #3 overall to #1 overall in 2012 would have been Subban. I don't even care if he was speculating or taking sides and perspective and all. Just the fact that you say it is dumb.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah... like that time he said, with a straight face, that the price to go up from #3 overall to #1 overall in 2012 would have been Subban. I don't even care if he was speculating or taking sides and perspective and all. Just the fact that you say it is dumb.

I never heard that one. :laugh:

He just can't give the Habs in general any credit.
He obviously loves PK but that is because he touted him so highly pre draft.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Averaging ten minutes a game in Anaheim. Will hit the press box soon.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Bork is as gutless and uninspired as they get. Five years from now, no one will remember he even played for this team. What a waste.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's not the coach with Rene, it's the city/fans/media. He looked disgusted when he was traded here, stated three or four times in his initial interview that he didn't speak French etc. I think there's a large sections of players in the league that want nothing to do with us after the fan/media outrage when Cunneyworth was named coach without speaking French.

I'm not going to go into a politic debate on these boards, but you can't seriously believe that? Of all things, Cunneyworth...

Bourque BS:

:laugh:

If he'd put half as much effort into playing hockey as he does finding excuses, he'd be a decent hockey player.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
It is a little sad people taking pot shots at Bourque. He never worked out here. He didn't love something about it. It wasn't his fault he was trade to us, it wasn't his fault that he wasn't traded out earlier, it wasn't his fault that he got a few injuries that seem to have slowed him down.

I wish him nothing but the best. I wish we had gotten more for him, or rather, for Cammalleri, but that is all. We should have gotten a young promising prospect for Cams, or something better than Bourque ...

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
It is a little sad people taking pot shots at Bourque. He never worked out here. He didn't love something about it. It wasn't his fault he was trade to us, it wasn't his fault that he wasn't traded out earlier, it wasn't his fault that he got a few injuries that seem to have slowed him down.

The way he carried himself and the effort he put forth on the ice WERE his fault, however.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary

I wish him nothing but the best. I wish we had gotten more for him, or rather, for Cammalleri, but that is all. We should have gotten a young promising prospect for Cams, or something better than Bourque ...

We got Fucale. How do people not understand that bourque was a salary dump at the time?

These are Montreal fans you are talking about, most think the most important part of the player is his last name.

Analyzer*

Bourque could at least play defense and that's not even his main job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad