Post-Game Talk: PDSF - Game #2 - Kings @ Sharks - 7:00pm II

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Bump. Go Sharks!

Even though Mike Brown has been playing well, I feel like his type of game is one that benefits when he is on the home team (gets the crowd into it, probably gets one free non call). I think he should be scratched in LA and Havlat should suit up.

Havlat - Pavelski - Wingels
Torres - Desi - Shep

What say you guys?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Sucks that thornton has used up all his goals though in the 1st 2 games of the playoffs.

Unless he is gonna do what i was thinking about last night before the game started and do the opposite of what he usually does. Instead of going 1-2 goals, 10-12 assists. He will be going all goals no assists lol.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Bump. Go Sharks!

Even though Mike Brown has been playing well, I feel like his type of game is one that benefits when he is on the home team (gets the crowd into it, probably gets one free non call). I think he should be scratched in LA and Havlat should suit up.

Havlat - Pavelski - Wingels
Torres - Desi - Shep

What say you guys?

I tend to agree, the 4th line has gotten hemmed in the D-zone quite a few times.

I was just looking at the series stats, and Kopitar has 2 pts and is a -3 in the series. That pretty much tells the story.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
I also thought after a very uncharacteristic 1st period from Vlasic, he really bounced back strong the rest of the game. I've noticed a more offensive minded side to his game this series so far as well. Seems to be joining the rush a lot lately. I like that.

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
I also thought after a very uncharacteristic 1st period from Vlasic, he really bounced back strong the rest of the game. I've noticed a more offensive minded side to his game this series so far as well. Seems to be joining the rush a lot lately. I like that.

Agreed. Maybe playing with Doughty in the Olympics gave him some tips on how to play more offensively.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Really haven't loved Demers. Besides Sheppard, he's the only guy not playing well IMHO. Couture can stand to be better, but he hasn't been really called upon yet and I'm confidant he'll play better when they need him themost.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Demers was also very nervous and bad in the 1st period. I think that in between periods, either Boyle or the coaching staff, or even Vlasic had a quick talk with him and just told him to calm down and play like he has played all season, cause he was fine after that. He was making some fantastic breakout passes, even in the 1st, but his defensive game settled down in between periods.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He was "fine" after the first, but he really stood out as not so great compared to everyone else (besides Sheppard, and Sheppard was good as soon as he was moved to win). Demers is going to need to step up when we go to LA. He's still far too physically aggressive and the Kings are going to take advantage of that sooner or later.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He didn't look bad to me in periods 2 and 3. I think his nerves will go down when he is in LA and doesn't have the home fans going crazy after every shift. He was definitely not this over aggressive in the regular season. He just needs to calm down a little and get back to his game. He is being hard matched against top competition and he is being negatively sheltered, that's one of the negatives of playing with Vlasic. He's not going to look fantastic this series defensively, but he has been making great breakout passes.

I wouldn't be too worried about him. The only defenseman I'm worried about is Stuart to a light extent, but he's been fine so far.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He didn't look bad to me in periods 2 and 3. I think his nerves will go down when he is in LA and doesn't have the home fans going crazy after every shift. He was definitely not this over aggressive in the regular season. He just needs to calm down a little and get back to his game. He is being hard matched against top competition and he is being negatively sheltered, that's one of the negatives of playing with Vlasic. He's not going to look fantastic this series defensively, but he has been making great breakout passes.

I wouldn't be too worried about him. The only defenseman I'm worried about is Stuart to a light extent, but he's been fine so far.

Well exactly; he hasn't played like this all season, probably because he's super jacked up for the playoffs. But he seriously needs to take a lesson from Vlasic's book and take a chill pill. It's fine to be physical but he's taken himself out of position many times to make big bits, and there's a reason why he's the only skater besides Suart and Hannan who hasn't registered a single point.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Only players I've noticed from the Kings that have been remotely effective so far: Carter, Kopitar, Doughty. Where has Gaborik been?

where i expected him to be, he is no longer a game breaker. nor is he any longer a top 6 player. he is like havlat. he might have sparks now and then but for the most part he will be useless.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I'm really happy with how the Sharks have played, great to see them healthy and clicking at the right time. That said, I'm also a little worried going into LA. I don't want to see them get cocky, they need to maintain the pace they set. Sutter is a good coach and we need to be keep it up if we want to beat him on home ice, Pavs back to the 3rd line is a huge step in the right direction and allows us to roll the lines. Another cool thing is how well the 4th line has played, absolutely love seeing a 4th line that is actually good at hockey(or at least pleasantly surprising like Brown has been) instead of plugs. Way way better than having Kearns on the 3rd or whatever we were icing last year.

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
Well exactly; he hasn't played like this all season, probably because he's super jacked up for the playoffs. But he seriously needs to take a lesson from Vlasic's book and take a chill pill. It's fine to be physical but he's taken himself out of position many times to make big bits, and there's a reason why he's the only skater besides Suart and Hannan who hasn't registered a single point.

Not to mention he even left his skates last night to try to make a big hit.

Daddy...
3rom5c.jpg

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm really happy with how the Sharks have played, great to see them healthy and clicking at the right time. That said, I'm also a little worried going into LA. I don't want to see them get cocky, they need to maintain the pace they set. Sutter is a good coach and we need to be keep it up if we want to beat him on home ice, Pavs back to the 3rd line is a huge step in the right direction and allows us to roll the lines. Another cool thing is how well the 4th line has played, absolutely love seeing a 4th line that is actually good at hockey(or at least pleasantly surprising like Brown has been) instead of plugs. Way way better than having Kearns on the 3rd or whatever we were icing last year.

i might be in the minority with this thinking, but i want the 4th line to stay as is going into atleast game 3. i don't want any changes to this line up, especially the 4th line.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
i might be in the minority with this thinking, but i want the 4th line to stay as is going into atleast game 3. i don't want any changes to this line up, especially the 4th line.

I actually agree with you. They're in LA's head. If they crash and burn Game 3, there's always Game 4 to fix it before returning to SJ to defend home ice again.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

I agree too, if it isn't broken don't fix it. Brown has been playing much better than I thought he would be and seems to be getting into their heads. He's hitting and messing with Quick, agitating, and now that Torres is on that line they have been contributing offensively. Great to see, rest Havlat and MBP til later rounds unless things don't keep up.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I actually agree with you. They're in LA's head. If they crash and burn Game 3, there's always Game 4 to fix it before returning to SJ to defend home ice again.

stop sucking up, you never agree with me lol.

the 4th line is creating chances and goals off of there hard hitting never back down style. and that is so because it has 3 people on that line that just don't know anything else but hit hit and hit.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

Yup, don't mess with success.

Hertl - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Nieto
Sheppard - Pavelski - Wingels
Torres - Desjardins - Brown
bench: Havlat, Kennedy, Kearns

Vlasic - Demers
Stuart - Boyle
Hannan - Braun

I wouldn't even let Irwin in

Ad

Upcoming events