PC Building Guide and Discussion #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I think its been able 6-8 years since I've been through this thread (or had to know anything about computer hardware). You folks helped me out back then to build my PC for the first time. The old GTX770 is starting to have troubles with newer games and I'm pretty sure either my CPU or RAM is going because I'm getting some really bad moments where my entire PC hangs for 2-3mins when I try and do too many things at once (trying to play a game while having twitch tab on 2nd monitor).

Think its time to bite the bullet and build a new system.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I think its been able 6-8 years since I've been through this thread (or had to know anything about computer hardware). You folks helped me out back then to build my PC for the first time. The old GTX770 is starting to have troubles with newer games and I'm pretty sure either my CPU or RAM is going because I'm getting some really bad moments where my entire PC hangs for 2-3mins when I try and do too many things at once (trying to play a game while having twitch tab on 2nd monitor).

Think its time to bite the bullet and build a new system.

Yes.

Glad we could help again. The bill is in the mail.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Anyone have an idea of what the price ranges will be for the new hdmi 2.1 monitors? I'm looking to upgrade strictly for my next gen consoles.
Right now a good 4k 144hz monitor is around $1000 CAD, so somewhere around there. I also have to wonder why the console manufacturers didn't include a DisplayPort port.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Right now a good 4k 144hz monitor is around $1000 CAD, so somewhere around there. I also have to wonder why the console manufacturers didn't include a DisplayPort port.
Something about them wanting to cater to tv's still. Also, $1k sounds more like it. i was reading places online and ppl were coming up with $3k price tags. Maybe they were talking about a much bigger size.

Reactions: Mikeaveli

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Waited weeks to get on a backorder for a 3070. Finally get called about having one in stock. Put on hold for 48 hours so I can go pick it up this weekend.

Store is now closed indefinitely due to covid. Everything is pain.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Trying to look into a multi purpose work/gaming laptop. Any reviews or words on what to stay away from?

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Trying to look into a multi purpose work/gaming laptop. Any reviews or words on what to stay away from?
I would stay away from "gaming" laptops that have desktop CPUs and GPUs crammed in them. Cooling is always an issue when you have those power-hungry components stuffed into a small laptop case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad