[Paywall/The Athletic] NHL front office confidence rankings (Fan rankings)

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Please note, the article is from The Athletic, and therefore behind a paywall. If you don't like this, it is probably better to ignore the thread right away.

Any skepticism would be warranted. They are basically selling their site from the get go by saying they are better than everyone else but you have to pay for it.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Hail corporate thread. Please redo the OP, since there is nothing to discuss here.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Any skepticism would be warranted. They are basically selling their site from the get go by saying they are better than everyone else but you have to pay for it.

I don't want to turn this into an argument about the merits of their business model, but I would say that if you want quality writers/journalism/analysis on a long-term and consistent basis, you'll have to pay for it. These guys are trying to do what they do for a living. They can't afford to give it away for free (and no, the ad model does not work unless you're doing incredibly massive amounts of traffic + volume).

IMO, The Athletic is more than full value for the price. And I'm more than happy to pay for something if it's worth it.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I would think the islanders would be lower than Detroit

Timing. SnoWeight had been fired, Lamoriello and Trotz had been hired and games are coming back to Nassau with the rumor it'll be full-time Nassau in 19-20 before Belmont. All of that is a tremendous boost to a fanbase, even with Tavares leaving. I hate that the Islanders are "retooling" but I'm a little more at peace with rebuilding, retooling (however they want to spin it) with those changes made and changes coming.

I mean, even if LL doesn't make a trade till the deadline and the team stumbles out of the gate under Trotz, it is definitely a lot more palatable than Snow as GM with Weight and a lack of structure (on-ice and off-ice).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad