Value of: Pavel Zacha

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
How does that make any sense for NJD?

that is a lateral move at best and one that makes the devils worse and would cost us more. Is Strome an elite penalty killer? Zacha is bigger and plays the 3C role perfect for us. Zacha makes like 2 million per for the next couple seasons

Not only that but you want NJD to add on top of that. Easy No

Strome is the more offensively gifted player. Takes some heat off Hughes and Heischer down the middle and if you don’t think he is worth more you need to take those blinders off.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Strome is the more offensively gifted player. Takes some heat off Hughes and Heischer down the middle and if you don’t think he is worth more you need to take those blinders off.
Dylan Strome is worth less to NJD than Pavel Zacha is and if you can’t spell Hischier’s name when it’s in my user name then you should go back to school

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
If this is a trade to Chicago what makes sense is a Strome (Rights) for Zacha if the belief Dach is their number 2C who will eventually become the 1C. Obviously NJD add but it would really help Chicago with their Cap and Zacha is a perfect 3C. Strome is gonna want more than Chicago can afford.

Or if it is straight up maybe a cap dump like Shaw.

Depending on the add, I kind of like this as a Devils fan.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Eh, I'm torn. I'm not sure where Strome fits? 2nd line until Jack proves he can handle those minutes?

That's what I was thinking. I have no problems keeping Jack on the third line and working up. If things break right, you have three legit centers. That's good trade bait, or just a strong team up the middle while you can afford it.

Reactions: TheGooseIsLoose

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ristolainen for Zacha is a proposal @Jame created that a great amount of Sabre fans hate, but I've bought into the logic as a decent move.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
Zacha does have value. Truth be told, he is a very good shutdown forward and elite PKer. Adv stats support it too.

Biggest issue is his draft position. People only see his point totals and draft position and assume bust. Reality sets in when you realize he had a 40 point pace this year as mostly a 3rd line shutdown C. His points ramp'd up when he was put with Gusev and Bratt who are two of the most skilled players we have after the trade deadline. He's also only 23... We aren't expecting an offensive explosion, but who knows where he'll be in 3-4 years? Players take time.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I am totally fine if Zacha only ends up being a 30-40 point 3C who excels at killing penalties, especially given the fact that we have Hughes and Hischier on the team as well

is he a disappointment for where he was drafted? Sure. Is he a "bust"? Nah.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I am totally fine if Zacha only ends up being a 30-40 point 3C who excels at killing penalties, especially given the fact that we have Hughes and Hischier on the team as well

is he a disappointment for where he was drafted? Sure. Is he a "bust"? Nah.

Same here, and I think I'm probably the most outspoken proponent of actually dealing him on that board lol. He can be frustrating for sure, but he's a solid NHLer. I'm only moving him in an Hockey trade.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
God no...why would the Devils do that?

Mantha turns 26 soon so I doubt he gets much better than he is and while he is a good player, hes not worth 2 firsts and more
Definitely not for me. If anything is to be learned from the Taylor Hall situation, this team isn't a winger away from being any good.

God no...why would the Devils do that?

Mantha turns 26 soon so I doubt he gets much better than he is and while he is a good player, hes not worth 2 firsts and more

Thanks for the replies folks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad