Value of: Pavel Zacha to Winnipeg.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think asking him to be a 2c at this point would be generous and I am also not sure why NJD would be too keen on moving him as he is a really solid compliment as a 2c to both Nico and Hughes.

I think WPG would be better off looking elsewhere to fill that hole. There are ample threads out there already with this topic that you could visit

Reactions: WoodsyToast3791

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
U
I think asking him to be a 2c at this point would be generous and I am also not sure why NJD would be too keen on moving him as he is a really solid compliment as a 2c to both Nico and Hughes.

I think WPG would be better off looking elsewhere to fill that hole. There are ample threads out there already with this topic that you could visit
Thanks. I am just curious what could be out there as well.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

This is pretty much where I am. I think asking him to be a 2c is probably not ideal. He probably has more value to the Devils hoping for a Virtanen like growth spurt, which isn't out of the question as he has produced better with each passing year then he would be in most trades, but if he were to get traded, I think it has to be a hockey trade, which means defender.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Not really, our biggest gap is a 2C right now (if we re-sign DeMelo, which I think we will). We can fill the defensive shortage through UFA if we need to. There aren't many 2C candidates available.
I'd give Zacha a chance in the spot. With Scheifele's guidance, maybe he turns it up.

Kerfoot is available for a box of tissue needed for their latest playoff failure. :laugh:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
In what world is Zacha remotely close to a 1st round pick?

In a world where some GM picks up the phone and specifically asks to trade for him. If I offer a player to you then you offer what, if anything, you want for him. If it's a player you have little interest in you offer accordingly. If you call me asking for a specific player then I offer him to you for what I want in return. If it's a young player with team control who fills a role even if he isn't a star, a first round pick is not unreasonable. Doesn't mean that the asking team will get it, but if someone calls up NJ and says they want to get Zacha from NJ do you think the GM says "sure, he's yours for a low second and a B prospect"?

NOTE: I'm not saying he will be traded for a first round pick nor that he is "worth" that, whatever that means. It's just not unrealistic to ask for one if someone calls to trade for him. What does NJ need with a second round pick compared to Zacha?

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Ty Smith is replacing whomever the other two defenders on the left side are, or possibly the 3rd RD. Like it or not, Butcher is the best LHD we have right now. The other options are Mueller, Mermis, Claesson and White.
He's right! I'd still move our 2nd for Zadorov but it depends on what they think Bahl is. About the same kinda guy I would guess. Bahl can skate, but is he ready this year or next, if at all?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the thing with Zacha is his value league-wide probably isn't that great...maybe a high 2nd round pick

but it doesn't really benefit the Devils much to trade him for a draft pick like that. Zajac might be gone after this year (his contract would be up) so we might need Zacha to be the longterm 3C which wouldn't be the worst role for him considering NJ also has Hischier and Hughes

Reactions: My3Sons

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
I read on the Athletic that Vesalainen's development has been a bit stagnant and might need a new start elsewhere.

What about a McLeod for Vesalainen swap? We could use more winger prospects and it sounds like WPG need's centers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad