Fargo, ND
Jan8_prospect_QMJHL.png

Position: C/LW
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 192 lbs.
DOB: 2-17-1999, Moscow, Russia
Shoots: Left

Ranked #98 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #83 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Club Stats
Season|Team|GP|G|A|PTS|PIM
2014-15|Dynamo Moscow U16|35|38|36|74|30
2015-16|Dynamo Moscow U17|1|1|1|2|0
2015-16|Russia U18 (MHL)|17|1|4|5|8
2016-17|Drummondville|65|22|25|47|44

International Stats
Season|Team|GP|G|A|PTS|PIM
2016|Russia WJC-18|7|1|3|4|4

What They're Saying

Sean Kournianos, The Draft Analyst:

Powerful goal scorer from the center ice position who makes the most of his opportunities. A native of Moscow, Kolytgin doesn’t possess blinding speed, but his hands are soft enough to corral any kind of pass while he’s in full flight, giving off the appearance that he’s traveling faster than he is. He is strong on his skates and his edgework is fantastic, and he can fire off a quick, accurate shot while extended or fading away. Koltygin is a responsible player who understands the ins and outs of all three zones and is very good on faceoffs.

HockeyNow.ca:

Good instincts in the offensive zone and can find the open ice and get into a good shooting position where he can release a good, accurate shot. Developing an NHL calibre wrist shot that he puts all his weight into. Has shown improvement in his defensive play over the season but still needs to show consistency in working his way back to the neutral zone to back check. Excels on the power play and can move the puck just as much as he will shoot.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I always read these prospect reports on the late round picks and they usually accentuate the positive so much I end up asking myself "how the heck did this guy fall all the way to the seventh round? ?"

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I always read these prospect reports on the late round picks and they usually accentuate the positive so much I end up asking myself "how the heck did this guy fall all the way to the seventh round? ?"

It helps to remember that those who get drafted are the cream of the crop. For each one drafted, there are many kids who weren't good enough to be. It'd be like if you took the smartest kid of a certain age from every school in the country and then evaluated and ranked them. Each would have a long list of positives and not many negatives, since they're still mostly evaluated relative to the kids that they beat out to get there.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
All those clips seem to fit into the scouting reports on Koltygin: good hands, good shooter, not blazing speed but moves well in traffic. I do wonder how serious concerns are over his speed, and if that's why he landed so deep in the draft. The game puts such a huge emphasis on speed now that players who can't keep up won't have very long careers.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
All those clips seem to fit into the scouting reports on Koltygin: good hands, good shooter, not blazing speed but moves well in traffic. I do wonder how serious concerns are over his speed, and if that's why he landed so deep in the draft. The game puts such a huge emphasis on speed now that players who can't keep up won't have very long careers.

Skating isn't too great, but it looks totally fine to me. Imo, the concern might be that his overall hockey sense/IQ might be not enough for something more than the third line at best.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

Zero defensive game is one of the complaints I've heard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad