Prospect Info: Pavel Dorofeyev, LW, 79th Overall, 2019

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
This message board is so dead. Exciting pick and seemingly no one cares.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This message board is so dead. Exciting pick and seemingly no one cares.

A lot of the group left for the summer and the rest of us are trying to figure out when the trades to clear up cap space are going to hopefully help us.

Also, most Vegas fans seem to go to reddit.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Is this the same Pavel Dorofeyev that was mentioned as a possible 1st rounder several times back in January?

Holy hell how did he fall to the 3rd round

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Sounds like a promising pick, but anyone with questionable skating seems likely to fall. Everyone wants to play faster, why Krebs seems such an alluring prospect when healed.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Is this the same Pavel Dorofeyev that was mentioned as a possible 1st rounder several times back in January?

Holy hell how did he fall to the 3rd round

Steve Kournianos ranked him 9th. Wheeler had him 15th.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
This guy is a stud from everything i've read. He was almost unanimously ranked as a late first to early second rounder (20-40)

Skating, and the Russian factor is probably the reasons he fell. Apparently he's super shifty, just doesn't have the top end speed. Another 20 or 30 healthy pounds on his frame would help his explosiveness a ton. 6 foot 163 lbs is frail as hell.

There are reports questioning his compete and effort level, but that's usually the case with a dangler. Kovalev has those doubts his whole career, but it was extremely overstated. I would have to see him myself before buying into reports on peoples effort.

He's top 6 or bust, but I think letting him marinate in the KHL for 2 years or so, and then getting him a season to adjust to N/A hockey in the AHL would be perfect. And the Knights are a great team to let him slow cook. There's no room in the top 9 until someone like Patches starts winding down or traded, so Vegas can stash him and just let him develop naturally.

Now that I think about it, another good comparison would be Gusev. Super talented offensive playmaker types with underwhelming skating.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Or he'll be traded off for a bag of Doritos because cap hit.

That's only if he stays until the age of 24 and burns off the ELC. At the end of this new contract, he'll still be bound to a 3 year ELC(or 2 if he burns off the 1st year) if he wants to come over.

But provided it's Cool Ranch, I think that's a fair deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad