Recalled/Assigned: Paul Thompson called up from AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Leads a struggling Springfield offense with 15 points, 3 PPGs. Only call up that makes sense.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Yippee more non nhl talent in the lineup.. our prospect depth is a joke.. good thing we have 10 mil in cap space just incase lol

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Yippee more non nhl talent in the lineup.. our prospect depth is a joke.. good thing we have 10 mil in cap space just incase lol

I agree our depth in the AHL is bad like really bad. The good prospects we do have are all playing college hockey etc and are probably 2-3 years away.

Bure1022*

I really hope they are looking to make a trade before this season gets away from them. They need help at forward are there are a lot of guys on the block that will eventually get picked up during the trade deadline. I hate this call up, it just shows how trash our system is. I thought this was one of the best in the NHL??? I guess not. The best we have is Rau and this Thompson guy? really?? Maybe Crouse would have been a great call up. Oh wait, the numbers guys dealt him away for no ****ing reason.

This organization never learns. It's just one bad move after another which gives us no hope for the future with this team.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I really hope they are looking to make a trade before this season gets away from them. They need help at forward are there are a lot of guys on the block that will eventually get picked up during the trade deadline. I hate this call up, it just shows how trash our system is. I thought this was one of the best in the NHL??? I guess not. The best we have is Rau and this Thompson guy? really?? Maybe Crouse would have been a great call up. Oh wait, the numbers guys dealt him away for no ****ing reason.

This organization never learns. It's just one bad move after another which gives us no hope for the future with this team.

Who ever said that? In fact, many outlets have ranked it near the bottom of the league, and rightfully so.

...and yeah, because Crouse is just doing SO well with Arizona...man, he'd have this team in 1st place!

Bure1022*

Who ever said that? In fact, many outlets have ranked it near the bottom of the league, and rightfully so.

...and yeah, because Crouse is just doing SO well with Arizona...man, he'd have this team in 1st place!

remember when Grabner was cut because he was playing horrible in pre season and then he goes to the Islanders and scores 30+ that season??? my point? You just never know..... How do you know what Crouse could have been here? you don't... Just another wasted high draft pick traded away because of bad contracts by the brass who think they figured it out. I think the only thing they figured out is how to go from division champs to division chumps.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
remember when Grabner was cut because he was playing horrible in pre season and then he goes to the Islanders and scores 30+ that season??? my point? You just never know..... How do you know what Crouse could have been here? you don't... Just another wasted high draft pick traded away because of bad contracts by the brass who think they figured it out. I think the only thing they figured out is how to go from division champs to division chumps.

Re do last season and I guarantee you we don't win the division or get close to doing so...We're a bubble team without a 12 game streak. That team was not built for a long playoff run...2 scoring lines, no bottom 6, no offense from the defense, and a goaltender performing well above his career average.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Re do last season and I guarantee you we don't win the division or get close to doing so...We're a bubble team without a 12 game streak. That team was not built for a long playoff run...2 scoring lines, no bottom 6, no offense from the defense, and a goaltender performing well above his career average.

I completely disagree. Not much was needed to get the team to the next stage. You talk as if it was impossible to still develope and improve the team after last season. The owners got greedy, simple as that. There is no "win now" button in sports. They should have waited at least another season before starting to splash the cash and make massive changes to the organisation.

Bure1022*

You don't have to tell me that. I said that way before this season started. I said we are a 80-87 point team and will be behind TB Montreal and Ottawa in that order. I didn't see Boston being this good and Det is around where the Panthers are. This means they will be golfing in mid April because they won't make the playoffs.

That's why they should pull off a trade do somthing to shake things up. This is going to get really ugly. Boston will dominate tomorrow night; Rowe and company will have no response, no edge, no heart, no emotion.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Yup, the pretender Panthers losing to the pretender Islanders in the first freaking round. Losing to the notorious 1st round chokers and on top of that we had home ice advantage, absolutely ZERO excuse from both the players and the coaches, even with the crap officiating.

People complain that we broke up this amazing team, you don't get that label unless you go deep in the playoffs and that still doesn't make you a great team, you need to do it multiple times and/or have one Stanley Cup to show for it. I'll keep saying it, remember the 2011-12 season? We won the division too, we brought the Stanley Cup Finalist NJ Devils to 7 games and OT, everything looked extremely promising to carry over into next year too......remind me again what happened after that? Dead last place finish in the standings and followed it up with a 29th place finish to prove we meant business. :shakehead Speak of the Devil (pun intended), how did New Jersey do after they went to the Finals? Out of the playoffs, just like where the current Islanders that beat us last season sit themselves. So spare me the "everything would have stayed the same" business.

I did not wait 5 straight years and listen to all the hype about a blueprint and how character was going to win us a Cup, only to watch us get stopped by a freaking backup goaltender. A Failure is a failure and I am still pissed off the best we could do was trade for Kindl, Purcell and Hudler knowing Jagr and Luongo are nearing retirement. We missed our best chance to win big, now practically every team in the league is competitive and next year expansion is going to make even more quality players unavailable for us.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^ Hey, life is unfair....that's just the way it is.

The Pens were for sale before bringing in a Rutherford. A team that was a consistent playoff team since winning it all in 2009 was for sale because they saw a very bleak future with 2 aging super stars + All Star caliber Kunitz and LeTang + a bloated payroll. Yeah Rutherford, a guy who had success early on as GM with the Hurricanes and sucked a number of years before finally leaving.

The main changes were the addition of Kessel and Haglin. These were hardly guys that you would expect to help the team do a 180, but then again maybe they were as the team was a playoff caliber club. Then of course the upload of a few good players from the AHL and their coach......vuala!......Stanley Cup Champions again.

The cinderella story this year seems to be the Blue Jackets. Last year a doormat that finished 4th from the bottom. This year they are playing like contenders for the Cup. Same coach, pretty much the same lineup, but why the transformation?

Then you have the Rangers that got pounded by the Pens 4-1 in the first round. They make some trades, steal other teams NCAA draft picks (Hayes & Vesey) and they are right back in the thick of it.

So you see, you can never predict what is going to happen from year to year. I am willing to give mgt a pass on building a puck moving, quick transition team that takes advantage of the present NHL rules. Can't do it all in one year, but I firmly believe they are on the right track for 2018-19. :)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Really? Because our team, IN A FAIR GAME, goes into game 6 leading 3-2. If we even lose Game 1 that is. That whole series was a joke. Every game.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Reading the last half of this thread, completely forgot it was about Paul Thompson.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Easy to revert to the fact that Paul Thompson is neither the problem or solution.

Yup. Just got to hope he can at least provide some type of chemistry with who ever he plays with and limits mistakes. All we can hope for a callup.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Reading the last half of this thread, completely forgot it was about Paul Thompson.

You can thank the anti-analytics crowd for that.

Crossbar pretty much nailed it with his post. This wasn't some amazing team that got dismantled. People act like we just went to the Cup finals last season.

Bure1022*

You can thank the anti-analytics crowd for that.

Crossbar pretty much nailed it with his post. This wasn't some amazing team that got dismantled. People act like we just went to the Cup finals last season.

Yeah you're right. Analytics is really working out for us. lol. What a joke. Let's use numbers and forget about heart, grit and determination. I'm positive this organization will never win a playoff series with this management in place. It's a guarantee.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Yeah you're right. Analytics is really working out for us. lol. What a joke. Let's use numbers and forget about heart, grit and determination. I'm positive this organization will never win a playoff series with this management in place. It's a guarantee.

Well, we hadn't won one before either.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
When your supposed to have depth and your 1rst call up dman and only dman you can call up is Kindl

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
When your supposed to have depth and your 1rst call up dman and only dman you can call up is Kindl

Kinda wish we kept Kampfer in hindsight. As it appears McI will never play again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad