Paul Ranger or Callups?

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Is Ranger Danger back tonight? Would really like to see them run the 12 F and 7 D system again. Otherwise why not call up Holzer or Granberg?

Stick with ranger hes fine, dont have a problem with him as the 7th d-man he was actually doing well pre-hit

Holzer was garbage last year imo, and granberg should just come up next year, finish off with the marlies this year.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
I think it's only 11 forwards when we have the 7th defenceman in the lineup.

Ranger has the best stickwork of any of our defencemen IMO. I like him playing.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I think it's only 11 forwards when we have the 7th defenceman in the lineup.

Ranger has the best stickwork of any of our defencemen IMO. I like him playing.

Ranger's a bit underrated, he's perfect as an extra d-man for 1m, and I think he'd resign for that too. He usually makes the smart play and does well with lower minutes.

He definitely started getting back to form in the second half too, I think it's worth giving him another season.

It's Franson you want gone the most, he constantly has horrific turnovers, I cant even count how many times ive seen him do the blind pass off the boards right onto the opponents stick.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Ranger's a bit underrated, he's perfect as an extra d-man for 1m, and I think he'd resign for that too. He usually makes the smart play and does well with lower minutes.

He definitely started getting back to form in the second half too, I think it's worth giving him another season.

It's Franson you want gone the most, he constantly has horrific turnovers, I cant even count how many times ive seen him do the blind pass off the boards right onto the opponents stick.

Rangers a fine 6D more importantly he is getting better. Franson is trash defensively.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I like the dynamics of having the extra D and I think Ranger really stepped up his game right before his injury so I would love to see him back in the line up (though I would half expect him to struggle a bit coming back from injury).

Aren't you only allowed emergency call ups after the deadline? Is calling up an extra D an emergency? And I don't think Ranger qualifies or the LTIR so I'm not sure if the Leafs have cap space to call someone up since Ranger's cap will still be on the books.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I like the dynamics of having the extra D and I think Ranger really stepped up his game right before his injury so I would love to see him back in the line up (though I would half expect him to struggle a bit coming back from injury).

Aren't you only allowed emergency call ups after the deadline? Is calling up an extra D an emergency? And I don't think Ranger qualifies or the LTIR so I'm not sure if the Leafs have cap space to call someone up since Ranger's cap will still be on the books.

Youre allowed 4 regular callups and any emergency call-ups.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ranger. Holzer gets too much hate on here mostly because he was forced into a position he had no hope of succeeding in by a moronic coach and I think Granberg is NHL ready, but neither are as good as Ranger currently. Don't forget that Ranger has also been improving ever since Randy started trotting out 7D.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Ranger would be the only option that the Leafs have as the extra defenceman.

No one else on the Marlies blueline has played an NHL game this season and it wouldn't be fair to the player to expose them at such a crucial time of the season.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I think 7D is stupid. It's essentially a way for Carlyle to overplay out 1st line for no reason whatsoever. He's been doing it all season and clearly they get tired. I see no reason why the 4th line can't be given 6-7 minutes every night as long as there aren't 2 goons on it.

As for Ranger, I think he has earned a chance over callups with decent play since the break but I wouldn't put him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad