Confirmed Buy-Out Paul Martin

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Chiarelli will still trade the #10 pick for him regardless.
We’ve already decided you’re giving us Pulju and 10th for Braun then somehow DW is going to use the force to convince Buffalo to give then Dahlin for 10th, Tierney, and Pulju

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
We’ve already decided you’re giving us Pulju and 10th for Braun then somehow DW is going to use the force to convince Buffalo to give then Dahlin for 10th, Tierney, and Pulju

I got nothing to do with the Oilers (Flyers fan), but if I had a Pulju, I aint trading. :laugh:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i wonder who the Sharks are targeting (outside of Tavares + Kovy) with all that cap, because right now they have enough $$$ to sign the entire free agency list

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Feel bad for the guy. He was the consummate professional in Pittsburgh, but this is part of the business.

Sharks fans... is this a case of him not being worth the contract, or is his game really that bad?

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Feel bad for the guy. He was the consummate professional in Pittsburgh, but this is part of the business.

Sharks fans... is this a case of him not being worth the contract, or is his game really that bad?

He was worth the contract even with the buyout. His ankle injury at the end of the 2016-17 season is something that he's not recovered from and I doubt he will to where his foot speed returns to where it previously was. He's lost too much foot speed to be an effective NHL defender, imo.

Reactions: BHD

woohoodude11

Jun 25, 2015
Schaumburg, IL

Being paired with Burns didn't help him. Burns playing up would sometimes cause Martin to be the lone D back and his lack of speed would get exposed.

That, and he spent a majority of the season on the 'Cuda "rehabbing". Joakim Ryan and Tim Heed proved themselves to be good enough to replace him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

You feel bad for a guy who's making millions of dollars to be unemployed?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Sounds like an Alanis Morrisette song? Don’t ya think ;)

A little too Alanis...and, yeah, I really do think...

It's a buyout, when you have enough cap space
It's like prepping an NHL draft, when you don't have a pick
It's trading for futures, when you're about to relocate
Setting Vegas odds, for your Vegas fix
and who would've thought... Caps are winners

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Being paired with Burns didn't help him. Burns playing up would sometimes cause Martin to be the lone D back and his lack of speed would get exposed.

That, and he spent a majority of the season on the 'Cuda "rehabbing". Joakim Ryan and Tim Heed proved themselves to be good enough to replace him.

It worked fine when he had two functioning ankles.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Lamoriello will sign him. He loves signing old guys that he has been familiar with in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad