Confirmed Buy-Out Paul Martin

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks have 20.6 million in cap space with four forwards needed and a defenseman. They have Hertl, Tierney, and DeMelo as RFA's and the only UFA's they will probably talk to of their own is Thornton and Fehr.

Reactions: iSophagus

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Want NO WHERE near the Penguins, he would look like a Vespa scouter going up against a F1 race car out there in black and gold now. The dude has no speed what so ever. So 100% pass on Paul Martin.
I admittedly haven't watched PM play in some time, except for the Cup Final two years ago. Can a Sharks poster give a little report on him please? Does he have enough left to contribute as a 3rd pairing D-man making ~2M, or is he flat out done? What happened to him, injuries?

Martin was a Ray Shero signing, and GMJR let him walk. I'm not sure there is any love or loyalty there. Ray Shero might actually kick the tires on him for NJ if anything, which is ironic because Martin left the Devils to come to the Pens after being angry about how NJ handled an injury he had.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I admittedly haven't watched PM play in some time, except for the Cup Final two years ago. Can a Sharks poster give a little report on him please? Does he have enough left to contribute as a 3rd pairing D-man making ~2M, or is he flat out done? What happened to him, injuries?

Martin was a Ray Shero signing, and GMJR let him walk. I'm not sure there is any love or loyalty there. Ray Shero might actually kick the tires on him for NJ if anything, which is ironic because Martin left the Devils to come to the Pens after being angry about how NJ handled an injury he had.

Martin is done. He had some ankle injury to finish the 2016-17 season that he's never recovered from. He's lost enough of a step because of it that he can't keep up.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
After an off season of rehab/strengthening his repaired ankle, he may make a serviceable 3rd pairing guy.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Martin is done, sadly. I would not reccomend any team sign him, except for teams that the Sharks could potentially play in the playoffs. Those teams can sign him. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad