Paul Martin retires

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Glad he got to be a Shark in his career, he really solidified Burns as a offensive defensemen.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I remember when Martin was signed. There were some that were up in arms about it (can you imagine?) I was silently very pleased. I’d watch Paul on the Devils and he was just that kind of player that you knew you could sit down with and have a long conversation.
He turned out to be all I hoped. Great teammate and a great person. So glad he pulled on the teal.
Enjoy retirement, Paul.

Go Sharks!!

Reactions: slocal and Phu

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
We all knew even at the time of the signing that the contract would be bad in years 3 and 4, but that 1 and 2 would make it worth it. It was. I think we have a lot to thank him for for Burns’ development. Wish Paul all the best!

I thought that the first three years would be fine, and then this year would be the year he would struggle (like he actually did last year) and hoped that someone like Mueller would replace him.

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I'll fondly remember the good times with him in teal. Unfortunate he can't keep up anymore but father Time is undefeated. Wish nothing but the best for him in retirement! Maybe he can coach our defense up a bit.

Reactions: slocal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad