News Article: Paul Martin played with severe injury in ECF

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yeah pretty crazy that about 90% of this board was losing their **** and wanted to dump him last offseason because he had 1 off year.

Oh I'm not even talking about two years ago. He was really bad season before last, so I could understand people wanting him traded last summer. Even Shero considered it and openly admitted it when explaining his decision not to... so no big deal for fans to feel the same way back then. But after this past season's massive improvement, wanting him traded (given the situation we find ourselves in right now defensively and the coach's tendencies with young defendsemen), veers into "nuts" territory for sure.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Pens can't even tell us a guy's injury in the offseason.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Pens can't even tell us a guy's injury in the offseason.

He's in a boot. No surgery to date AFAWK. Sounds like a badly sprained ankle to me. Skates have enough support that with pain killers one could play with that type of injury. Might've had a partial ligament tear in his ankle. Have had that before and they almost never do surgery on those but you're swollen and in pain for a good month+ afterward. Almost as bad as a break in terms of limiting your normal ability to run and put pressure on it, but no pins and stuff like that.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Martin was a god among men this season.

This just blows my mind. I wonder how emasculated some other guys feel right now.
They sucked and they had no such excuses.

Are we sure about that though? Dan said that Martin was the only playing with a significant injury, but now we know that Morrow had that split knee cap.

Who knows what other injuries there were.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Morrow is going to split Subban's knee cap with his stare, if he re-signs with us.

After signing he should call him up: "You've got all summer to think about what I'm going to do to you."

:laugh:

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Morrow is going to split Subban's knee cap with his stare, if he re-signs with us.

After signing he should call him up: "You've got all summer to think about what I'm going to do to you."

:laugh:
:D :wedgie:

The next game between Team Morrow and Montreal is gonna be legen ... wait for it ... dary!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad