News Article: Paul Martin played with severe injury in ECF

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
tumblr_midtgxePDy1r559eho1_400.gif

Karnage420*

crazy how he still looked like our best d man regardless.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
touché

Wonder how he felt about DB & staff getting out-poached by the Bruins?

Also hear he was big on deviled eggs a few years back.

I'm out.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Paul Martin was incredible this year. Here's hoping for 2 more years of the same.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Trade him for cap space!

Yah no ****, right? ****ing unbelievable anyone would suggest that, given the alternatives. Let's keep Niskanen / Orpik, but trade Martin. Great idea. Although it would help the cause in terms of creating the early season slump that gets the coaching staff canned and turns us in the right direction.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Yah no ****, right? ****ing unbelievable anyone would suggest that, given the alternatives. Let's keep Niskanen / Orpik, but trade Martin. Great idea. Although it would help the cause in terms of creating the early season slump that gets the coaching staff canned and turns us in the right direction.

Are you yapping about the sarcastic post or what?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Are you yapping about the sarcastic post or what?

Just the general idea of it mostly. I replied to the sarcastic "trade for cap space" comment because I agree with the sarcasm.

Seen some comments the last week or so to the effect of since we're cap constrained we should consider trading Martin, even though trading Niskanen and probably even Orpik, would be a much smarter move short- and long-term. With Orpik in particular I think some folks have the sentimental logic going.

It amazes me after this past year and the huge turnaround, and the likelihood that MAF will be off the books next summer, why anyone would think Martin is the right guy to trade, given that Orpik's regular season performances have gotten progressively worse the last 2 or 3 years and that he himself stated he can no longer play his hard-hitting game during the regular season, if he wants to be healthy for the playoffs (i.e. age is getting the better of him now).

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Just the general idea of it mostly. I replied to the sarcastic "trade for cap space" comment because I agree with the sarcasm.

Seen some comments the last week or so to the effect of since we're cap constrained we should consider trading Martin, even though trading Niskanen and probably even Orpik, would be a much smarter move short- and long-term. With Orpik in particular I think some folks have the sentimental logic going.

It amazes me after this past year and the huge turnaround, and the likelihood that MAF will be off the books next summer, why anyone would think Martin is the right guy to trade, given that Orpik's regular season performances have gotten progressively worse the last 2 or 3 years and that he himself stated he can no longer play his hard-hitting game during the regular season, if he wants to be healthy for the playoffs (i.e. age is getting the better of him now).

I've noticed that the people who are pushing to trade Martin usually have Orpik in their usernames.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure whether that's more of a credit to Martin or an indictment of the play of the other guys. Probably a bit of both.
With a large slice of DB on the side. Coaching is stil the biggest issue in my opinion. Dan got completely out coached.

Martin and Morrow deserve a lot of respect for playing though their injuries.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada

Yeah pretty crazy that about 90% of this board was losing their **** and wanted to dump him last offseason because he had 1 off year.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He feeds Neal, maks Orpik look competent again, rocks a bad ass mustache and he plays with a tough injury.

A god among men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad