Patty Kane no A (letter on sweater)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
David Backes has been a healthy scratch in about half the Bruins games this year, but he still gets an A in either the home games or road games (rotates with Krejci). It's not just about skill. Or even really about skill at all.

As somebody said earlier in the thread, the actual letters on the jerseys probably mean more to the fans than to the players.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Toews and Keith were both hugely successful for the Hawks success over the last decade and they both have shown plenty of qualities to be given letters. Seabrook, while being a liability most nights nowadays, was/is also a leader for the Hawks, being the go to guy for helping usher in new players (Seabs will give new guys recommendations for areas to move to, where to eat, etc). All three are hugely respected and Kane wouldn't ever wanna steal a letter from any of them.

And Kane doesn't need a letter. Sure, he'll get one whenever one of Keith/Seabrook leaves (please let it be Seabs!), but he's looked at as one of the leaders either way. Same way young guys in the locker room used to look up at Hossa and Hjalmarsson, despite lacking letters while in Chicago.

Also, the alternating of letters for home and away games is a stupid gimmick and I don't want the Hawks to have any part in that shit.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
He wasnt a leader early in his career, he is now. The A's are taken. Its really pretty simple. You dont need a letter to be a leader.

Reactions: ClydeLee

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Just because you're the best player doesn't mean that you're a leader. Or more of a leader than Toews, Seabrook & Keith.

Teams automatically heads the C to their best players. Because they're expected to and it's prestigious for the player and good for his image etc etc.

But if you're not a top 3 leader, you shouldn't get it IMO.

I don't know anything about Kane as a person - but this is a non-issue.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I mean he’s incredible but all 3 Hawks Cup championship rosters were stacked top to bottom, 2010 and 2013 specifically were some of the greatest rosters ever assembled. Saying any one player was “the reason” they have those Cups is pretty silly.

Woah Woah Woah... greatest assembled? I mean if we are going on that they won the cup sure but there would be many many many deeper teams than those...especially the 2013 team

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Isn't captaincy more about leadership than being the best player on the team?

For all we know, Kane might be more comfortable not being in a leadership role.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Woah Woah Woah... greatest assembled? I mean if we are going on that they won the cup sure but there would be many many many deeper teams than those...especially the 2013 team

2013 was their best overall roster IMO, mainly because of the D and team speed on all 4 lines. 2010 forwards had a bit more sandpaper if you will but the defense wasn’t quite as good. And Crawford > Niemi.

And yes the 2010 and 2013 Hawks rosters are most certainly some of the best NHL rosters ever assembled. That’s not hyperbole. I mean we’re talking 4-5 HOFers, a HOF coach, countless Olympians, all stars, etc. Elite bottom 6 forward depth(tough to compare to say the 80’s Oilers teams for example because teams were constructed differently back then and nowadays you need your bottom 6 to be dynamic and offensively capable)....but however you slice it I’d put those Hawks teams right up there with anyone else you can name, falling short to maybe only the 90s/early 2000s Red Wings.

Last edited:

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
So Patrick Kane, the best player the hawks have ever had, doesn’t even get to wear an A at home. Pretty disrespectful IMO. What do you guys think ?

Bobby Hull is the greatest Blackhawk ever. Followed by Mikita. Not counting Orr.

Reactions: Tweaky

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
upload_2019-10-15_7-29-31.png

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Recently for the Flyers, somehow Andrew MacDonald and Pierre Eduardo Bellemare wore A's on their jerseys.

It's definitely not about skill.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
So Patrick Kane, the best player the hawks have ever had, doesn’t even get to wear an A at home. Pretty disrespectful IMO. What do you guys think ?

I think Bobby Hull is the greatest player the Hawks ever had.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Just because someone is a top player on a team doesn't mean they are anywhere close to being one of the best leaders. IMO letters are very overrated by fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad