Post-Game Talk: Patriots go to 9-1 - PATS 17 Philly 10 F

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Got together with a buddy who's an Eagles fan to watch the game.
Needless to say we were both embarrassed by our teams.

Brady was absolutely horrible.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
There are so many easy plays to be made offensively that lead to opening up the playbook, that McDaniels is flat out not calling, or Brady is audibling out of.

James White continues to be MIA from the offense on a weekly basis.

They had the seem with Watson open all day, and used it...twice? (Both big gains too).

Edelman has dropped a ton of easy balls this year.

They need to work Harry into the offense more. He's a mismatch.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
There are so many easy plays to be made offensively that lead to opening up the playbook, that McDaniels is flat out not calling, or Brady is audibling out of.

They had the seem with Watson open all day, and used it...twice? (Both big gains too).

He showed some attitude today too which I loved

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Why are offensive running backs allowed to plow guys with the crowd of their helmet yet defensive players are penalized and fined for hitting a guy helmet to helmet accidentally?

I get the fact that safeties and corners can create brutal collisions in the middle of the field, but it just seems blatantly unfair RB’s can put their head down with reckless abandon and it’s fine.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The combination of Brady not being good and the drops as well is a problem.

You can put it on Brady, but the offense as a whole, be it the line, the RBs, or the receivers has been underwhelming plenty of games.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Brady doesnt look comfortable in this offense. OL, WR, TE, and running game are all issues. I'm glad its week 11 and they can make adjustments. OL help can hopefully have an effect.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I think the most frustrating thing with the offense is that nothing seems to change week after week. I get that there are personnel limitations, but you'd think they'd come up with a new wrinkle each week that takes advantage of what they do have.

With Harry, they basically took advantage of his skills once, with that screen pass, and it was thrown a little bit behind him. His main weakness is that he doesn't get separation, which is largely due to not being a good route runner at this stage in his career. His greatest strengths in college were contested catches and yards after catch. The latter leads itself to screens and slant routes. The former can be used in the redzone with fades and back shoulder throws. He's also probably the most "talented" skill position player on the team, so even if he's a rookie, use him!

It just so happens that one of their greatest weaknesses is redzone offense, and you have a player whose skills are unique on this team and should help in that area.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Eagles fans should be more embarrassed by Eagles fans than the team. Booing their own team at home when they were down only 1 score to the #1 team in the league.

Agree. But it’s the same trash in this thread people think Brady’s not playing well and expecting us to win by 40 in Philadelphia. Drives me nuts. We got the win and are 9-1.

Just 3 more tough games to go. Splitting these two road games is fine. IDGAF about stats or individual play if we can get 3 more wins. We really need another Baltimore loss. They looked very good today.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Eagles fans should be more embarrassed by Eagles fans than the team. Booing their own team at home when they were down only 1 score to the #1 team in the league.

Eagles fans would boo if the PA announced look under your seat for a free $10 bill

I used to marvel that Philly sports radio was all Eagles 365/24/7 ( same applies to Chicago with the Bears ) but Boston has become the same with the Pats which was unthinkable 20 years ago.

I lived for a year in Philly when I got a Masters from Temple in communications. I lived in a South Boston type neighborhood called Fishtown which is now totally gentrified. I even drove a cab there to survive and it was a gritty town.

To understand Eagles fans you need to look at an annual tradition called Wing Bowl which was held on the Friday before the Super Bowl. It was canceled after the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

Reality is Philly and Boston are very, very similar.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I have a hard time blaming Brady and Michel when the line looks as bad as it has. They were bad but it wasn’t often Tom had time and it wasn’t often Michel had space (although to be fair it seems like the recent knee surgery may have sapped his explosion on 90% of the plays...I’ll see glimpses of it but for the most part he isn’t looking fast or powerful)

Newhouse is a turnstile. He looked competent (not good but ok enough) in his first game or two but I’ve seen plenty, thank god wynn will be back soon because Newhouse will get Brady killed. Cannon has also been pretty bad this year imo.

I also think they have James white on a pitch count

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Eagles fans would boo if the PA announced look under your seat for a free $10 bill

I used to marvel that Philly sports radio was all Eagles 365/24/7 ( same applies to Chicago with the Bears ) but Boston has become the same with the Pats which was unthinkable 20 years ago.

I lived for a year in Philly when I got a Masters from Temple in communications. I lived in a South Boston type neighborhood called Fishtown which is now totally gentrified. I even drove a cab there to survive and it was a gritty town.

To understand Eagles fans you need to look at an annual tradition called Wing Bowl which was held on the Friday before the Super Bowl. It was canceled after the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

Reality is Philly and Boston are very, very similar.

I watched that video and I don’t understand their reasoning for stopping what looked like a very popular event.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The combination of Brady not being good and the drops as well is a problem.

You can put it on Brady, but the offense as a whole, be it the line, the RBs, or the receivers has been underwhelming plenty of games.

Who would have thought a 42 yo QB playing like a 42 yo QB. Pats better prey the D keeps playing out of this world

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I like Jackson but the Ravens should stop this corny cocky stuff.

I like that most people are saying theyre a good team but overrated and not better than the Pats.

Teams seem to go on these runs and people wanna build them up. Example Chiefs seem like an afterthought these days.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think I heard boos at halftime. They were winning!

I kinda think those scumbags are beautiful
Sports betting from your phone is legal in Philly

C0F9708E-2FE9-485F-B916-0BBF921C5B54.png

Reactions: CDJ

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I went to one - 20,000 people showing up at 6 AM and tailgating would start at 2 AM :help:

So that’s what I’m getting at. Is that the real reason it stopped? People getting into trouble?

Weirdly frustrating to watch that video and not get any sort of actual reason for why it was ending other than the purposely vague “better to burn out than fade away”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad