GDT: Patriots at Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This is a Bill the GM problem. His ego will not allow him to overcome this need.

Agreed. And I don't understand why somebody doesn't step in. Bill will hit on some good players no doubt. But damn. Would it hurt the guy to draft someone in the 1st round, that is actually projected in the 1st. Instead of some of these 4-5 th round guys.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Mac isn't a complete lost cause, but they've given him a coaching staff that has no ability to develop him.

I feel like he could still absolutely be Kirk Cousins, but that means he needs a top 5 RB and top 5 WR to make that happen.
The only guy the coaching staff is developing is Bill’s kid.

Reactions: Mione134

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
@Mione134 I don't worship Zappe. Just mentioned him since you went to the stats argument with Mac when any qb should put up numbers like he did tonight when the receivers are getting open like they were. Before tonight Zappe's best was as good as anything Mac had done. I don't think Zappe is the next franchise qb, it's more of how down i am that even in Mac's best game of the season, his flaws still continue to hold the offense back. 4 drives in the 4th quarter, 0 points and a bad and avoidable sack taken in each of the last 2.

Reactions: capecodder

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If this game taught you anything, it's that Matt Patricia and Joe Judge, and really the coaching staff in general mind you, is indeed the problem not Mac Jones. Patricia has clearly has no clue of what he's doing. He doesn't know how to run an offense. He can't teach this O-Line to block better and give Mac more time in the pocket. He's a pig headed stooge to Belichick that shouldn't be coaching Pee Wee football, never mind in the NFL. This guy sucks and blows harder than a shop vacuum and if Jonathan Kraft has a clue, he will fire this bozo on the spot by the end of the season along with Bill due to the reprehensible mismanagement of their franchise QB.

Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The kicking a FG with 6 seconds on clock when previous pass play took 3 seconds should get more scrutiny

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
@Mione134 I don't worship Zappe. Just mentioned him since you went to the stats argument with Mac when any qb should put up numbers like he did tonight when the receivers are getting open like they were. Before tonight Zappe's best was as good as anything Mac had done. I don't think Zappe is the next franchise qb, it's more of how down i am that even in Mac's best game of the season, his flaws still continue to hold the offense back. 4 drives in the 4th quarter, 0 points and a bad and avoidable sack taken in each of the last 2.
Screenshot_20221125_000312.jpg

Against...Cleveland.

I know stats are not everything but Mac was fine tonight. And he's been building over the last few weeks. Lest we forget his ankle injury. Point is. Mac is clearly not the problem. Zappe isn't the solution either.

Mac will be fine. The key is, will the Pats still employ Matty Pencil Dick as OC and offensive line extraordinaire next season?

Reactions: EvilDead

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I still don't see where that ball touches. Tell me exactly where you deemed he lost control NFL, because even looking at it as objectively as possible, I don't see it.

The Jesse James call is going to get brought up, and while it was technically the correct call since the ball spins in his hands when he hits the turf, he should've already been established as a completed pass and was a runner. Same goes for the Dez Bryant debacle. The rule is still as stupid now as it was then.

I mean I'm fairly certain this is where they are claiming it hit, since it's right before he rolls. Pretty clearly f***ing complete.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-010157.png
    Screenshot_20221125-010157.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
View attachment 612565

Against...Cleveland.

I know stats are not everything but Mac was fine tonight. And he's been building over the last few weeks. Lest we forget his ankle injury. Point is. Mac is clearly not the problem. Zappe isn't the solution either.

Mac will be fine. The key is, will the Pats still employ Matty Pencil Dick as OC and offensive line extraordinaire next season?
He wasn't the problem tonight, but he sure as hell wasnt the answer.

@Johnnyduke brought up a good point, he still hasn't had a signature moment in his NFL career. He had everything lined up for him in this game to overcome terrible officiating, and pick up his defense in the process, who have carried them all season, especially last two weeks.

Taking a sack/scramble to nowhere at end of first half burning a timeout? Stupid, and probably cost them points.

Rolling out of pressure directly into a sack, even if the trip should've been called, instead of stepping up into the pocket? Stupid, and turned a 4th and manageable into 4th and a prayer.

Mac has no feel for the pocket, and while the line has been mostly shit all year, they were very good until late in the 4th tonight.

I don't understand why you consistently feel the need to defend him, when his play hasn't warranted being defended.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He wasn't the problem tonight, but he sure as hell wasnt the answer.

@Johnnyduke brought up a good point, he still hasn't had a signature moment in his NFL career. He had everything lined up for him in this game to overcome terrible officiating, and pick up his defense in the process, who have carried them all season, especially last two weeks.

Taking a sack/scramble to nowhere at end of first half burning a timeout? Stupid, and probably cost them points.

Rolling out of pressure directly into a sack, even if the trip should've been called, instead of stepping up into the pocket? Stupid, and turned a 4th and manageable into 4th and a prayer.

Mac has no feel for the pocket, and while the line has been mostly shit all year, they were very good until late in the 4th tonight.

I don't understand why you consistently feel the need to defend him, when his play hasn't warranted being defended.

I defend him this year because its bullshit that people this year are harping on him when it's clear he's not the problem. He makes mistakes. As a second year QB. It happens. You know how long it took Josh Allen to be "good"? 3 seasons. In fact, I remember a lot of folks on here an otherwise, saying he was trash, and the Bills f***ed up. Now, I'm not saying Mac is Allen. But the kid was great last year. Got hurt this year. And had a great game today. Stats don't lie. A few mistakes happened, which WILL happen with a young QB who has somehow found himself with Matt f***ing Patricia as his offensive coordinator. Nelson should of caught his ball. Meyers should have caught his. Henry had another TD which was called back. Facemask on Mac not called. OPI. DPI not called. Pierre Strong f***ing up. Our defense not being anything special. Offensive line being mediocre when it counts.

Mac was NOT an issue tonight. That's growing pains. He'll learn. Because you know he wasn't looking like this in the pocket last year. It's not a coincidence here. Give him a competent and actually qualified OC. Fix the oline. And if you can, actually give him a #1 WR. He's good.

If that Henry TD happens and Pierre Strong doesn't f*** up and we win, do we still have people complaining about Mac this game?
Do we have the Zappe fans on here trying to say he looked better than Mac? If Judon doesn't jump offsides, etc etc. There were other factors tonight. I'll take the growing pains from Mac. Because despite what some think, I think it was a strong game from him to build on.

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Listening to some of the Cult of Zappe suckers is hilarious. Just admit that you got suckered by the one hit wonder flavor of the month under center and that he was exposed as a fraud in the Bears game.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I defend him this year because its bullshit that people this year are harping on him when it's clear he's not the problem. He makes mistakes. As a second year QB. It happens. You know how long it took Josh Allen to be "good"? 3 seasons. In fact, I remember a lot of folks on here an otherwise, saying he was trash, and the Bills f***ed up. Now, I'm not saying Mac is Allen. But the kid was great last year. Got hurt this year. And had a great game today. Stats don't lie. A few mistakes happened, which WILL happen with a young QB who has somehow found himself with Matt f***ing Patricia as his offensive coordinator. Nelson should of caught his ball. Meyers should have caught his. Henry had another TD which was called back. Facemask on Mac not called. OPI. DPI not called. Pierre Strong f***ing up. Our defense not being anything special. Offensive line being mediocre when it counts.

Mac was NOT an issue tonight. That's growing pains. He'll learn. Because you know he wasn't looking like this in the pocket last year. It's not a coincidence here. Give him a competent and actually qualified OC. Fix the oline. And if you can, actually give him a #1 WR. He's good.

If that Henry TD happens and Pierre Strong doesn't f*** up and we win, do we still have people complaining about Mac this game?
Do we have the Zappe fans on here trying to say he looked better than Mac? If Judon doesn't jump offsides, etc etc. There were other factors tonight. I'll take the growing pains from Mac. Because despite what some think, I think it was a strong game from him to build on.
4th quarter he was not good at all. 2 punts, loss on downs and the last drive.

I think he will be a good, consistent NFL QB but the Vikings defense is not a game to hitch your wagon to.

Wait... WHAT

They totally blew it, especially since they called it a TD originally.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad