Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Icing.png

giphy.gif

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Really good waiver pick up. He was very good his first season with Colorado despite being forced to play top-4 minutes all year.

Last year was a step back, but he was still solid on the third pairing and a very good PKer. Best of luck in Detroit.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Really good waiver pick up. He was very good his first season with Colorado despite being forced to play top-4 minutes all year.

Last year was a step back, but he was still solid on the third pairing and a very good PKer. Best of luck in Detroit.

Well, Cole was almost outdueled by Patrik... pretty close I would say. The Cole signing changed the situation for Nemeth even though he improved his play second half of the season.

I'm not feeling sorry for Nemeth and I believe it felt pretty good for him with Steve Yzerman calling him. Claude Lemeiux negotiating with Steve is also amusing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan Patsky

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Loved having Nemeth here, even with his constant icings that one season. Keep him on the bottom pair and he's fine, he's also about as solid as they come on the PK.

He played really well in the '19 playoffs too.

Sucks that he's going to be asked to play more minutes than he should in Detroit though.

Reactions: Ryan Patsky and 21

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No one else could've made this thread. :laugh:

I'll admit, that first year I was about done with him, even though he made a solid overall contribution for a team in dire need of defensive depth.

But the second season, dude really did take it up a notch. He wasn't just blindly flinging it down the ice (at least not nearly as much), he was actually skating it up the ice and gaining the blue line in a lot of instances. And he also took on a huge amount of PK time.

The dogpile in game 82 against the Blues in 2018 is the first thing I think of whenever his name comes up.

See ya Nemo...still kinda sad you're a GD Red Wing.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Great waiver pickup. The only thing I really didn't like about him is his never ending icing. Besides that he was very good in his role.

Wish you all the best Nemo.

Reactions: 21

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I liked the time he got a delay of game penalty by launching it from his own zone into the net behind the opposition goal

He still didn't quite rise to the level of the ultimate unforced icing undisputed world heavy champion Roys best defender, Nick Holden.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad