Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
This thread is weird.

Fitting no?

bmKLAiQ.png

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
His first minutes in Winnipeg last June were spent with me. This was when he was still a nice boy ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Damn it I need photoshop at work :cry:

It's especially unfortunate since I work in a PR agency with multiple iMac-design-visual-artist people ... but since I'm content guy, I have a windows PC that doesn't even have photoshop installed :cry:

Just for the laughs, this is my work of art back from the WHC:

7ILbatf.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

It's especially unfortunate since I work in a PR agency with multiple iMac-design-visual-artist people ... but since I'm content guy, I have a windows PC that doesn't even have photoshop installed :cry:

7ILbatf.jpg

That was an absolute beauty and still makes me laugh. The perfect Chevy face with the champagne with the tie flipped back in the hot tub and Zinger in drag.....it's impossible to not smile and chuckle.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
That was an absolute beauty and still makes me laugh. The perfect Chevy face with the champagne with the tie flipped back in the hot tub and Zinger in drag.....it's impossible to not smile and chuckle.

but it's really poorly executed and probably one of my worst photoshops :laugh:

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Laine, Just wow To come in to NHL and light it up like this is beyond what anyone could realistically expect! Been following the three musketeers (Laine, Aho and Puljujärvi) since the WJC and wow just wow.

What is Laines 3 biggest Strenghts & weaknesses from what you have seen so far?

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
Anyone else worried we won't be able to sign this guy after 3 seasons? Will he want to stay in Winnipeg?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Anyone else worried we won't be able to sign this guy after 3 seasons? Will he want to stay in Winnipeg?

Most players haven't had a problem signing, and usually long term: Wheeler, Little, Ladd's initial contract, Scheifele's 8yr contract, Frolik's initial signing, Perreault (2x), Byfuglien's very team friendly contract (in terms of years), Bogo, Kane, etc, etc. Did some of them get moved after being signed? Sure, but they signed, and we got pieces back for them in a trade.

I don't think there'll be any more problems signing Laine than some of the other players.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Calder Trophy: Patrick Laine, Zach Werenski Quickly Becoming Favorites

9601628-patrik-laine-nhl-preseason-winnipeg-jets-edmonton-oilers-759x560.jpg

by Aly Dhanani14 hours agoFollow @viewsfromaly

Phenoms Patrik Laine and Zach Werenski are quickly making their case for the Calder Trophy after explosive starts with their respective teams. How do they stack up against other candidates?

They were expected to be good, but this good? Two of the NHL’s most promising young players in the league, Patrik Laine of the Winnipeg Jets and Zach Werenski of the Columbus Blue Jackets, are making more than just a little bit of Calder Trophy news to start off the ’16-17 campaign

Laine has already established himself as a fan favorite in Winnipeg, giving the Jets fanbase a face to their franchise. ‘Finnish Flash 2.0′ is off to a torrid start with 11 goals and 15 points in his first 14 games. Laine is the NHL’s leading scorer by a fair margin and is on pace for a mind-boggling 65 goals.

Although it’s not realistic (or is it?) for Laine to continue scoring at this pace, the Finn could very well win the Maurice Richard Trophy as the NHL’s leading scorer, which is a feat not even Alex Ovechkin could accomplish in his rookie season.

Read the rest here: http://puckprose.com/2016/11/10/cal...ine-zach-werenski-quickly-becoming-favorites/

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

7ILbatf.jpg

It would be nice If I just had to write, lol.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I dont see this problem with Finns and with Laine.

Right now I'd go with the mind set of he'll sign a longerm deal as long as Chevy offers him one.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

Nope. The Jets have been pretty good at resigning young guns fairly quick (minus Trouba). I also feel like Laine knows what the Jets are building and they will be basically a contender by the time it's time to resign.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
If he can score points like he's doing right today three years from now, I don't think they'd be offering him a bridge. He's going to be the face of the franchise and earning a LOT of dollars. He'll earn every penny of it.

From fan's point of view I have to say that hockey hasn't ever been as enjoyable as today. Patrik's bringing a lot to people's daily lives.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Not at all but he won't come cheap IMO. As long as Pate doesn't hire Overheard and John "JJ" Trouba as his agent and advisor things should be fine.

There is a dad at my kids school and he is a fellow season ticket holder and he is stuck on this narrative that we will not be able to afford Laine and he'll be gone after three seasons. I informed him that there is a salary cap now and its not 1995 any more so we should be just fine.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Obviously in the big league now. :laugh:

I miss the innocent days of the early 2016 when the professionalism in the execution wasn't so high level and could be substituted with youthful enthusiasm for example with a wordplay on the Finnish postposition '-lainen' (with the latter 'n' often swallowed), denoting a person from somewhere:

6a8c90f95b914d4f09d0c9e2ab95c7cd.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad