Pulse of the team

Under-rated

St Patty's Day hat

Patrik Elias

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i refuse to count him out. i think he'll consider another year.

but just in case, saturday should be just as intense as marty's last game against the bruins was. a ton of "PATTY" and "THANK YOU PATTY" chants

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i refuse to count him out. i think he'll consider another year.

but just in case, saturday should be just as intense as marty's last game against the bruins was. a ton of "PATTY" and "THANK YOU PATTY" chants

Yep, just in case it is his last game here, (And I think it will be), we don't want to regret not showing him our appreciation.

Ideal scenario is he scores the GWG in OT, gets interviewed by Deb and then he skates a lap around the rink.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
From what he says, it sounds like he wants to play next year and thinks he can. There's no way you risk him going somewhere else though if he wants to play right? It just seems like we would bring him back as a 3rd liner but we have a lot of young guys vying for that spot.

If I had to guess where he would go if he doesn't stay, I think he'll end up with Detroit. I just have a gut feeling they love him.

Either way, he was the first jersey I ever owned, was my favorite player growing up and had a HOF career. He's the last member of the old regime left in town. It will be very sad to see him go no matter when that is.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
9WdjkQg.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Patty is getting upstaged yet again.

Let's not forget about him in the midst of all the other news tonight.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
7890cf62abc0da92934995d458b9a341.jpg

In a way I hope it's his last game because I'll be there. But I also hope it's not his last game because I'll miss him.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hi guys, caps fan here, big fan of Elias

So its still mystery if Patty retires after this game?

IMO, now its perfect time to say goodbye, but Im pretty sure many of you guys would like to see him as a mentor for young players.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Certainly one of my all-time favorites. Still one of the best memories was being at the St. Patty's game when Marty set the all-time wins record and Patty set the franchise points record.

Promised my oldest son I'd take him to the Elias jersey retirement - will be the last on in NJ for quite some time. Wish I was going to tonight's game, but hopefully fans let Patty hear how much we appreciate him.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Hi guys, caps fan here, big fan of Elias

So its still mystery if Patty retires after this game?

IMO, now its perfect time to say goodbye, but Im pretty sure many of you guys would like to see him as a mentor for young players.

Patty is going to train this summer as if he's coming back - if his knee continues to bother him, perhaps he announces his retirement in the offseason. Otherwise, will have to wait and see if/where he gets a camp invite or contract.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Patty is going to train this summer as if he's coming back - if his knee continues to bother him, perhaps he announces his retirement in the offseason. Otherwise, will have to wait and see if/where he gets a camp invite or contract.

Thanx mate :)

GL, beat the leafs and I hope Patty will score

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad