Rumor: Patrik Berglund returning to NHL?

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Last I heard which was two days ago he said he was open to a return to the SHL...

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
id like him back in st louis, but cant afford to pay him much.

one of the best players along the boards and very good defensively. if maroon leaves, he can play a similar game to maroon (less physical, better defensively)

Bwrglund leaves the Blues, the Blues win the Cup... Coincidence?? I think not...

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Alexagu

Jul 24, 2012
Berglund has signed for Djurgården in SHL. Will be interesting to see what kind of shape he is in.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
As a diehard Blues fan with love in my heart for Bergy, I say, with all the love in my heart: Shoo fly, shoo!

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Skating has never been a strong suit of his - Sabres/Blues fans care to comment on his play the last couple years?

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Skating has never been a strong suit of his - Sabres/Blues fans care to comment on his play the last couple years?
When he was a Blue, endless cycling. Unfortunately if you wanted something that wasn't cycling....

He could PK fairly well and he did have a shot, but he never got himself into a position to use it too often.

Reactions: brokeu91

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Berglund with his inconsistency issues and suspect fluff game wouldn't have fit in at all on that Berube style playoff performance the Blues put up. Getting rid of Berglund (and other guys too like Backes, Lehterä and Shattenkirk) and getting high intense players like Sundqvist, Barbashev and Blais instead (and obviously other guys too like O'Reilly) to pump it up is a big reason the Blues could wear down their opponents like they did in the playoffs.

Berglund admitted himself years ago he had a surfer mentality a didn't train properly in his sophomore year because he thought he could hang in the NHL on autopilot/talent alone.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Can he come back even if the terminated contract isnt up?

If thats the case a player can basically tell his team he wants to go back home, they agree to terminate the contract and he can sign a better contract with another team the next season?

I know its highly unlikely that a good player does it but in theory it can happen as long as both the team and player agree to terminate the contract?

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Can he come back even if the terminated contract isnt up?

If thats the case a player can basically tell his team he wants to go back home, they agree to terminate the contract and he can sign a better contract with another team the next season?

I know its highly unlikely that a good player does it but in theory it can happen as long as both the team and player agree to terminate the contract?

Once a contract is mutually terminated the player is free to sign anywhere he wants. He immediately becomes a UFA.

In theory yes that is entirely possible, but in reality there is little to no incentive for a player to ever do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad