Patrick Thoresen Tribute Thread

anofsti

May 14, 2011
I think he deserves a little thread to commemorate his time in the KHL, now that he leaves for the SHL and Djurgården.

Merits:
2 time Gargarin Cup winner
#5 overall points by any player in KHL history
#1 overall points by non-Russian player in KHL history
#1 in my heart
#2 in points in the 2012 WC [playing on Team Norway(!)]
#1 lushest playoff beard

I've only watched a game here and there, but I've tried to watch most highlights the past few years, and reading google translated Russian pages are quite difficult

edit: MODS, feel free to change the title. I realize it might scare a few people thinking he's passed away. Not intended

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
I could see why some would read the title and think that he died, but I knew better...

If that slapshot in the balls didn't kill him I'm pretty sure nothing will.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
HOLY crap , common guys, this isn't funny. Change the title. Clicked on it and the first thing I read was , '#1 in my heart'' which made it even scarier haha

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, Thoresen was great in the league. And he played good the last playoffs as well, unlike Crvenka and other SKA foreigners. Sweden league gets a very good player. And as far as I understand, his departing isn't about money. Of course Sweden is much closer by lifestyle to Norway than Russia, even if St. Petersburg is a great city.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
The thread name is good. It's called click journalism. :P

Thorensen was great in SKA. Sad to see him retiring from KHL level. Time to go back home I guess.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
You can edit the thread title by going "edit" and then "go advanced". It's worth it, Thorensen is great player in KHL and for Norwegian hockey program.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
No worries... and yes, reports of Thoresens' demise as the title implies are fortunately premature ... fixed. ;)

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Tribute would be the word you're looking for. :laugh:

Yhea

Yup, clicked on this to see if he died
Sorry

HOLY crap , common guys, this isn't funny. Change the title. Clicked on it and the first thing I read was , '#1 in my heart'' which made it even scarier haha
Sorry :(

The thread name is good. It's called click journalism. :P

Thorensen was great in SKA. Sad to see him retiring from KHL level. Time to go back home I guess.

It weren't intentional

Damn OP, you must have stolen this from the "Paul Coffey memorial trophy" thread.
I didn't know that existed

Typical Norwegian style English thread title :laugh:
More like 2 am, not exactly sober style...

You can edit the thread title by going "edit" and then "go advanced". It's worth it, Thorensen is great player in KHL and for Norwegian hockey program.
If I'd known, I would have changed it in a heart beat

TheSanny

May 11, 2011
Great player. Should've tried to stay in the NHL though. During his KHL prime he could easily been a 2C on an average team.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Great player! I think he had best results when he played with Radulov.

x_f13c6ffc.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad