Patrick Sharp

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
I am simply amazed at how much better this guys stick handling has improved in the last year or two!

This guy WAS a liability any time he skated with the puck...his only use was one timers but man has that changed!

When I saw him stick handle and score a shoot out goal earlier in the season I almost fell of my couch, and he's been deking and stick handling like that all season! Again yesterday he uses a Toews-like move by drawing the puck tight to his skates to avoid the goalies poke check and scores another goal in to a wide open next.

This must be as big a shock to Q as it is me because he was initially one of the 3 players chosen in shoot outs but NOW he is. Man with him Kane and Toews this is going to really help earn the extra point in SO's down the road (though PK and JT have started slow in those so far).

Hats off to #10!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Sharp hasn't really been a liability with the puck. Not sure i agree with you. He's always been a sniper/finisher, never one (atleast on the hawks) to carry the puck around the zone.

I've always thought he had nice hands in close

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Sharp hasn't really been a liability with the puck. Not sure i agree with you. He's always been a sniper/finisher, never one (atleast on the hawks) to carry the puck around the zone.

He never was any good at carrying the puck, that is my point. Now he's MUCH better.

And his only mode of goal scoring was almost always a one timer, now he's making moves in tight.

Good to see.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Its encouraging that when he is in alone on the goalie now he is stickhandling in more instead of just trying to wrist it past the goalie. I am guessing that is what you are talking about.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007

I agree with the OP, Sharp really did have a terrible set of hands - he fumbled with the puck more than anyone on the team. He's taken a noticeable step forward this year.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Sharp is never going to deke a guy's socks off but lets not pretend he had terrible Stalberg hands either.

Sharp has NHL level hands

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I am simply amazed at how much better this guys stick handling has improved in the last year or two!

This guy WAS a liability any time he skated with the puck...his only use was one timers but man has that changed!

When I saw him stick handle and score a shoot out goal earlier in the season I almost fell of my couch, and he's been deking and stick handling like that all season! Again yesterday he uses a Toews-like move by drawing the puck tight to his skates to avoid the goalies poke check and scores another goal in to a wide open next.

This must be as big a shock to Q as it is me because he was initially one of the 3 players chosen in shoot outs but NOW he is. Man with him Kane and Toews this is going to really help earn the extra point in SO's down the road (though PK and JT have started slow in those so far).

Hats off to #10!

Too bad he's not scoring, despite the fact he's been putting a lot of shots on goal.

Sharp is my favorite Hawk after Toews...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But his sniping stinks so far this season...only 3 goals on 61 shots in 15Gp...of course Keith with ZERO goals on 45 shots is more horrible but considering his added missed shots and shots blocked on his attempted shots all factored in and he jas to be the elite lousiest shooter im the league...just horrible!

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
He was never a great dangler if that's what you're trying to say. Always been solid puck carrier though. But yes this year it's very evident how hungry he is- I honestly am surprised he's not doing way better on the scoresheet. I expected him to be leading the Hawks in scoring by a country mike early this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad